EQ and EX report off information from TU?

I have searched the best I can while being at work, but I can't find my answer.

Today I decided to call the Credit Union that is reporting late payments different on the Big 3. On TU they are reporting that I was late 30 days 2 times, and 60 days once and on the other two they are reporting 30 days late once. I MAY have been late one time, and I don't believe it was over 30 days. It was a secured bank account at the same bank my direct deposits from work went into so everytime I got paid, I transferred money into the secured savings account to pay my bill then would immediately be able to transfer the money back, or whatever I wanted to do. Anyway, I'm talking to one of the CSR's (recorded of course) and she tells me, "we can't pull records back from that long ago (2002). they have been purged". I explain the situation to her and she puts someone else on the phone. This person immediately starts claiming that she SPECIFICALLY remembers me! She was the one that handled my collection and remembers the situation like it was yesterday. She is not going to have it deleted. So I ask her to provide me a copy of the statements that show my late pays and she tells me it's on micro imaging and it will cost me $30 an hour to get but she doesn't know how long that will take. I then question why they are reporting different dates to the Big 3 and she tells me that they only report to TU and then EQ and EX collect their data from there. I have never heard this, and I couldn't find it by searching the forums so I'm wondering if anyone else has ever heard this? I've disputed the accounts with the CRA's and they are claiming they are verified, however, they are still all reporting different dates. I'm thinking I'll send them an ITS and go as far as suing them if they won't provide me with the evidence! I am not going to pay $30 an hour for an undetermined amount of hours. If they want to play hard, I'll make them pay an attorney to defend my claim against them. I'm pretty fired up right now. :twisted:

"verified".....that's only on the CRA side...have you DV'ed the original creditor? Becuase if they would tell me "we can't pull records back from that long ago (2002). they have been purged" i interpret that to mean "we have no records AT ALL......." which in turn means if you DV them, they can't validate, and so a FDCPA violation. Dispute with the CRAs and DV these idiots...if it comes back "verified", ask for MOV (specifics are in other threads, or the Validation page of the site).....

I'm in the process of doing just that with a US Bank card..they can't find records of my lateness so I'm DVing them and disputing with CRA (funny thing, they're only telling EX that I have a 60 day late, reports to the two others all say OK - never late....)

Let me know how this works out for ya

Michael

"verified".....that's only on the CRA side...have you DV'ed the original creditor? Becuase if they would tell me "we can't pull records back from that long ago (2002). they have been purged" i interpret that to mean "we have no records AT ALL......." which in turn means if you DV them, they can't validate, and so a FDCPA violation. Dispute with the CRAs and DV these idiots...if it comes back "verified", ask for MOV (specifics are in other threads, or the Validation page of the site).....

I'm in the process of doing just that with a US Bank card..they can't find records of my lateness so I'm DVing them and disputing with CRA (funny thing, they're only telling EX that I have a 60 day late, reports to the two others all say OK - never late....)

Let me know how this works out for ya

Michael

The problem with DV'ing an OC is that they are not obligated to the FDCPA. This act is only bound to CA's. I guess I'll go after them under the FCRA violations, however, I have two paid accounts with them. One with no negative info and then this one. I don't want them to get pissed and then just delete both records off my report. The one negative TL is 5 years old, which makes me wonder how much it's affecting my score.. decision, decisions, decisions.. Thanks though.

Top of this page.. DISPUTE WITH ORIGINAL CREDITOR..

Start there.

Been there long ago. The real question is if there is any truth to the OC only reporting to one CRA and the two CRA's getting the info from the first one, hence the title. I have already got plenty of violations on them, I just haven't acted yet since I'm weighting the possibilties of them deleting both TL's to be evil plus the age of the accounts. Other than that, I'm really venting. Thanks anyway.

Only one CA can report the debt. Others that have owned the debt can report ballance 0 sold to other lender or something to that affect. If you have 2 CA's showing a ballance on an account, one of them is wrong. Also, if the OC is showing a ballance and there is only one CA on the same account showing a ballance one of those two is wrong as well.

Uh...BigJohn, I may have been the only one who actually read what you wrote here ... lol

Have you tried a goodwill letter to a big wig? Try to invoke images of violins and sad clowns as you paint a picture of being a good customer, who only wants whats right, and you've been wronged by the very institution that you trust your life's savings with, and how it hurt to have their representitive treat you so badly...etc.

In otherwords, lay it on thick and beg for their help. Make sure you mention how much you love doing business with them, so it was quite a shock to be treated this way. "You catch more bees with honey..." yadda yadda.

Try this before getting your ire up.

Uh...BigJohn, I may have been the only one who actually read what you wrote here ... lol

I think so, lol

Have you tried a goodwill letter to a big wig? Try to invoke images of violins and sad clowns as you paint a picture of being a good customer, who only wants whats right, and you've been wronged by the very institution that you trust your life's savings with, and how it hurt to have their representitive treat you so badly...etc.

In otherwords, lay it on thick and beg for their help. Make sure you mention how much you love doing business with them, so it was quite a shock to be treated this way. "You catch more bees with honey..." yadda yadda.

Try this before getting your ire up.

Yeah, I think I will go this route and see what happens. If it doesn't work, then I will probably just let it alone since it's so old, and do to drop off soon. If they wanted to get nasty and delete both TL's, that would screw me more with history length and the one perfect TL.

Thats what I get for replying and working at the same time. I loose track of where I am :(

Where am I again???

HAHAHA! You're probably at work, like I am.. and you're probably supposed to be working, like I am supposed to be doing. However, I find myself surfing the board, with my feet up and watching Family Guy. 8]

HAHAHA! You're probably at work, like I am.. and you're probably supposed to be working, like I am supposed to be doing. However, I find myself surfing the board, with my feet up and watching Family Guy. 8]

If you weren't in VA, and me in TX, I'd start looking around nervously for your cube...lol. (You just described my job.)