WooHoo, Applied Card Bank and PFD!

Trailrider

Holy Moly, I just got my first pay for delete! Last January, when I started my credit repair in earnest, I DV'd Applied Card Bank for the derogatory listing on my credit reports. I truely did not think that the debt was mine, but they answered about 25 days later with photo copies of my signed application and billing statements for my CROSS COUNTRY credit card.....yeppers, it's mine all right. :roll: Also, in the cover letter they sent me, was an offer to settle the $825 debt for $300. Well, at that time I did not have an extra $300 laying around, so I waited until I had the money, and I called the person listed on the letter this morning. She aggreed to extend the offer if I would mail a money order for the $300 today or tomorrow, and the nasty will be deleted from all three reports next week! WOOHOOO, I'm so glad to get that monkey off my back. I cannot wait to see what this does to my truecredit FAKOs!:shock:

Also, in the cover letter they sent me, was an offer to settle the $825 debt for $300. Well, at that time I did not have an extra $300 laying around, so I waited until I had the money, and I called the person listed on the letter this morning. She aggreed to extend the offer if I would mail a money order for the $300 today or tomorrow, and the nasty will be deleted from all three reports next week! WOOHOOO, I'm so glad to get that monkey off my back. I cannot wait to see what this does to my truecredit FAKOs!:shock:

That doesn't sound like a PFD.

Do you have written documentation saying they will, when they receive your 300 bucks in the mail, delete these TLs?

Also: You might want to watch your reprots as well...they may sell this to someone else, who will try and collect on the remaining.

GET IT IN WRITING!!!!!

Personal experience with $ 1800 Crap 1 settlement!!!

Yup, I got it in writing! The letter says: " $300 and we will consider the account paid in full"..."derogatory listings will be DELETED from your credit file".

In my cover letter with the money order, I said: "I also want to thank you for offering to me a settlement of the debt in full for the sum of $300.00, which I have enclosed in the form of a money order. I would very much appreciate you deleting the derogatory informational listings from my Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion credit reports when you receive the settlement money." Sent certified mail, of course! It is going to happen! :lol:

On edit, this is not a collection agency, but the orginal creditor, perhaps that is why they are willing to work with me.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have an old debt from Applied Bank I plan on DV and hopefully PFD. Its not alot of money but the quickly approaching SOL in CA. gives me alot more bargaining power when it comes time that they contact me. thanks for sharing!!

Birdie xangelx

I also have an old debt from Applied Bank I plan on DV and hopefully PFD. Its not alot of money but the quickly approaching SOL in CA. gives me alot more bargaining power when it comes time that they contact me. thanks for sharing!!

Birdie xangelx

DV only works for collectors. Is it in collections or still with Applied?

• 3 weeks later...

Applied Card Bank is good for their word. At least they were in my case. They really helped dh and I out. We paid his account in full and now they've deleted it. The only credit file hanging on to it is Experian I believe, but it's off the other two so far...I just paid it a couple months back.

Elyse

Applied Card Bank is good for their word. At least they were in my case. They really helped dh and I out. We paid his account in full and now they've deleted it. The only credit file hanging on to it is Experian I believe, but it's off the other two so far...I just paid it a couple months back.

Elyse

Are they any good with goodwills? My wife had a bad account that was never CO, but over limit for a LONG time. I eventually paid the entire thing, then closed the account. I would like to reopen the account later once I clean her account up, but for now would like to change it to a positive. It has 2 30 days and 1 60 day.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent a letter to Applied Bank concerning two CO accounts that were paid last year. I asked that they delete the negative TL since the accounts have been paid. I'll keeep my fingers crossed that they delete. They are due to drop off my CRs in July 2008. It can't hurt to ask.

Are they any good with goodwills? My wife had a bad account that was never CO, but over limit for a LONG time. I eventually paid the entire thing, then closed the account. I would like to reopen the account later once I clean her account up, but for now would like to change it to a positive. It has 2 30 days and 1 60 day.

Ya know, I'm not sure. There's no harm in asking them of course! :)

Elyse

• 2 weeks later...

Elyse

Ok, guess I was wrong. It's now listed on ALL three credit files. It's kick butt time, folks!