Transunion does NOT de-dupe Auto Loan inquiries!

I shopped around for an auto loan last month and ended up with 17 inquiries on my T/U credit report. It TANKED my T/U Fako through TrueCredit, and they are all listed individually.

I pulled my bureau through T/U and the same thing, they are all listed separately.....

So, I called T/U and complained, and they stated that it is their policy to de-duplicate inquiries ONLY for MORTGAGES, not for any other type of installment loan. Since they use the VANTAGE scoring model and not FICO, they are obviously not obligated to do so.

Annoyed.....I've had several baddies removed in the last 2 months, only to have my fakos plunge because I tried to get a good interest rate.

Any input?

Thanks,

Justin

So, I called T/U and complained, and they stated that it is their policy to de-duplicate inquiries ONLY for MORTGAGES, not for any other type of installment loan. Since they use the VANTAGE scoring model and not FICO, they are obviously not obligated to do so.

Have you done a search for FAKO? FAKOs are never used by lenders, w/ the exception of the EX Plus score which is used by some lenders (i.e. WFNNB). They serve no purpose in the "real" world. Also, the inquiries are always listed separately. Mortgage & auto loan inquiries (when coded correctly) COUNT (not listed) as 1 when your FICO score is generated if the pulls are done w/in 30 days & 15 days respectively.

I shopped around for an auto loan last month and ended up with 17 inquiries on my T/U credit report. It TANKED my T/U Fako through TrueCredit, and they are all listed individually.

I pulled my bureau through T/U and the same thing, they are all listed separately.....

Annoyed.....I've had several baddies removed in the last 2 months, only to have my fakos plunge because I tried to get a good interest rate.

Any input?

Thanks,

Justin

Just so you know the auto dealer should have had you sighn a privacy statement letting you know that they would be sending your credit app. to several different lenders. I would check with the dealer and see if you did sign this form if not they would be responsible for handling this for you and getting those items removed. Chances are good you did not sign this form. 18yrs as a finance mgr. for automobile dealerships.