DV'd CA, OC (Hospital) Sends Old Bills??

Guys,

I just DV'd a CA (the agency has about 4 or 5 accounts for me) and the original creditor, a hospital, sent me the old bills, photocopied.

Note that the collection agency is not mentioned anywhere. the CA has not responded at all...yet.

What can I do about this?? Can I simply pay the hospital and bypass the CA?

I don't know what you are "supposed" to do, but it sounds like the OC may be open to taking payment, the worst you can do is try. If it's a local hospital, I would try to pay it in person - it's harder to say no to someone standing there willing to pay then it is if you call and ask.

If you want to try and pay the oc directly bring a agreement along for them to sign. Basically you want them to agree that by accepting your payment they will withdraw the account from the CA and consider the matter closed. Once the account is out of the hands of the CA they can no longer report the debt and must delete it as they have no right to try and collect.

I just did this with an old utility bill that went to collections. Paid the OC with the agreement that they would remove the file form the CA, 30 days later CA is gone completely from my report.

True...but how does this prove that THIS particular CA is entitled to collect from me?

It doesn't really spell it out, however, with that information, I'm sure the OC probably has everything. Is this debt assigned to the collection agency or was it sold? You're next steps might be to check read this sticky (if you haven't) http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262951