S.O.L. category for a Phone Bill gone to CA ?

joeman

I have a phone bill that has gone to CBCS that was listed as of 12/2005.

The date of last activity in the acct was in 2003 and TransUnion is reporting that it will come off the CR in 9/2010.

So it seems the date of delinquency was 9/2003 and we are at about the 3 yr 8 month time period.

In my state (AL) the SOL on OPEN ACCTS is 3 yrs, and Written Accounts, Promissary Notes and Oral Accoutns are 6 yrs.

WHAT WOULD A UTILITY BILL BE THAT HAS GONE TO A CA- OPEN , Written, Promissary or Oral?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oral Contract: You agree to pay money loaned to you by someone, but this contract or agreement is verbal (i.e., no written contract, "handshake agreement"). Remember a verbal contract is legal, if tougher to prove in court.

Written Contract: You agree to pay on a loan under the terms written in a document, which you and your debtor have signed.

Promissory Note: You agree to pay on a loan via a written contract, just like the written contract. The big difference between a promissory note and a regular written contract is that the scheduled payments and interest on the loan also is spelled out in the promissory note. A mortgage is an example of a promissory note.

Open-ended Accounts: These are revolving lines of credit with varying balances. The best example is a credit card account. Please note: a credit card is ALWAYS an open account. This is established under the Truth-in-Lending Act: