"Liberal" auto-lending institutions???

I want to buy a used car. I would prefer to be preapproved for up to $30,000 so I can focus on vehicle price, not financing. I would also prefer to be preapproved before selling my current vehicle.

Can anyone recommend a few "liberal" lending institutions that would deal with my not-so-perfect credit?

Or would it be better to accept dealer financing in this case?

Here is a bit of my info.

My FICO scores (not Fako) are TU/553 EQ/630 EX/604.

I currently have a financed vehicle with 1.5 years of on-time payments, as well as a few other good open tradelines.

I also have one open collection and two unpaid chargeoffs. I have a number of lates and settled charge-offs from 5+ years ago (still working on getting rid of these).

I rent a house, been here 6 months.

I have an excellent salary and employment history.

THANKS!

I applied through cap one and got approved through one of their partners called roadlons. So far been okay other then the rate SUCKS... I plan to refi here in the next 2-6 months if I can...

Chase Custom Auto Finance hold the note to my van. They have been fair with me, although the 22% is for the birds. I am working on my ficos to re-fi or trade it in for a much lower rate.

They approved me when my score was 429! I'm 100+ points higher than that now.

Chase Custom Auto Finance hold the note to my van. They have been fair with me, although the 22% is for the birds. I am working on my ficos to re-fi or trade it in for a much lower rate.

They approved me when my score was 429! I'm 100+ points higher than that now.

Yikes, do you have a lot of credit history?

• 2 weeks later...

Capital One Auto finances me for up to $30K at 12.45% when my scores and negatives were far worse than yours. I have a 60K salary. If your salary isn't as high they may not finance you for as much. Never know. Painless to try. They'll probably approve you in minutes... definitely within 24 hours.