I just got my first Discover card! Instant Approval, finally!!! I got the Open Road w/ 0% for 12 months and 5% cash back on gas and auto maintenance!!! I have to check what my CL will be....but who cares!!! I Finally Have Good Credit!!!

Update: $6,000 CL!!!

I just got my first Discover card! Instant Approval, finally!!! I got the Open Road w/ 0% for 12 months and 5% cash back on gas and auto maintenance!!! I have to check what my CL will be....but who cares!!! I Finally Have Good Credit!!!

Update: $6,000 CL!!!

Congrats I have the Discover More with a $6K line. They are a modest card with very modest credit lines,but I have found them to have good reward programs.They also have good customer service out of Utah!xdancex

Congrats I have the Discover More with a $6K line. They are a modest card with very modest credit lines,but I have found them to have good reward programs.They also have good customer service out of Utah!xdancex

Could you elaborate on the term modest? For instance, how does it compare to HSBC, Capital One, Amex, etc. Thanks.

I have a Discover card $3K limit. I got the 0% interest for 12 months. So far I haven't had any complaints. 2% Utilization on the card. Customer service seems good. They called after I got the card and made sure that I was happy with my service.

I do like them because their customer support is great.:mrgreen:

As long as you pay on time, every time.

Discover has the most agressive in-house collections unit in the industry (and since it is in-house the FDCPA does not apply). Cross them at your own peril. People that have been on the receiving end of Discover's collections unit know the hard-ball they play.

As long as you pay on time, every time.

Discover has the most agressive in-house collections unit in the industry (and since it is in-house the FDCPA does not apply). Cross them at your own peril. People that have been on the receiving end of Discover's collections unit know the hard-ball they play.

You make a very good point.If one manages their credit properly,they should not have to go down that road!

Sky what I mean by modest is they are not one that gives huge credit lines and they watch your credit closely.My Transunion Fico was a 790 when they pulled it and I got the $6K line. I do like them because their customer support is great.:mrgreen:

Thanks for the info!

One of the cool things about this board is that we tell people how to repair their damaged credit. Part of repairing something is keeping it in repair. I think we all try to help people fix what is broken, and then keep it working for you.

Applying for as much credit as you have, and then continuing to apply with other banks after you get in trouble with the first one is going to lead you down a dangerous road.

If you do not change what you are doing, it will not be a question of IF you get in credit trouble, but when.