Car in repo status ?

I could not make payment on my car loan. Asked for Chrysler financial to work with me. Husband was diognosed with terminal cancer and all of our resouurses have gone to treatment and travel to treatment. ?He hasd to stop working. They would not throw even one payment on the end and called over 30 times a day even after being told no to.

So they sent a right to cure letter. In the interumn. We moved. Loosing the house to forclosure. They stopped sending bills, statement ect. I did not put in a change of addy but somehow sheffif delived notice on house to new addy.

Anyway they charged the debt off and it is now with an aqusision company. Does the aquisision company now own the debt? I still have possesion of the vehicle. The new addy is showing on my credit report although I don't know how?

So now are they just going to come repo the car one night? And if so how come they have not done so as of yet? They put it to a skip trace co months ago. Then turned it over.

By the way both Chrysler and the aqusision co are showing on my credit report making it seem like I owe 24,900 to each of them.

I need the car for as long as possible as we are living off of social security at the moment. I know repo is inevidble but??? I am sleepless every night over this

I need the car for as long as possible as we are living off of social security at the moment. I know repo is inevidble but??? I am sleepless every night over this

I would contact them and see what to do about the vehicle. If you're loosing sleep it's not worth it. Remember, charge off is an accounting term meaning they don't expect to collect the debt, but it doesn't mean they forgot about their collateral! I'm sure they'll come looking for it one day...if they aren't looking for it already. In the interim find something else to drive to get you by in the event that they do.