I Have to Tell You Guys...myFICO Customer Service Reps are Idiots

Ok...I hope I am posting this one in the right forum, but here goes.

Today, I call myFICO because I received an alert dated 5/21/07 saying my FICO score had increased by 16 points. The score never went up. I waited and waited (not so patiently). On 5/15/07, my score was 701. I received 2 alerts after that...indicating my score dropped on 5/22/07 to 699, and then again on 5/23/07 to 696 (it's that Midland thing playing games with me).

Anyway, waited after the holiday and called myFICO. We discussed a lot of things, but as I was talking to her, I mentioned the fact that the account (that is supposed to be deleted by Midland) is past SOL, and that they cannot legally report...mentioning re-aging.

She proceeded to tell me that the TL can stay on my report up to 7 years AFTER it has been paid. Not just 7 years. I explained how she was wrong...that it is 7 years (or 7.5...whichever) from the DOFD, but she disagreed with me. I corrected her several times, referred her to the FCRA and the FDCPA, but she still insisted that a collection agency could continue to report as long as the debt was valid, and that it remained unpaid. She insisted that the 7 years only applies after the debt is paid.

I'm getting my letter together. I plan to send myFICO and email and let them know that their CSR's are giving our false information to their customers.

No wonder we all have so many problems with our credit scores! When the "experts" don't know.......

I mentioned the fact that the account (that is supposed to be deleted by Midland) is past SOL, and that they cannot legally report...mentioning re-aging.

Unless there is some TN state law saying otherwise, the reporting period does not stop when the SOL expires. Generally, DOFD is the date from where you measure reporting time.

Unless there is some TN state law saying otherwise, the reporting period does not stop when the SOL expires. Generally, DOFD is the date from where you measure reporting time.

Oh I understand that...TN law stinks...they don't really do anything for the consumer.

My point was, myFICO told me that a a derrogatory can be reported on your credit report forever...unless it was paid. And that payment was what would start the clock ticking on the 7 years. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

She tried to tell me that a CRA can continue to report a negative TL 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years. It didn't matter how old the debt was as long as it remained unpaid. It would only come off 7 years after it was paid!

I told her I thought she was full of horse excrement.

Honestly, I would have asked for her supervisor and explained how this woman was in a position not suited for her. Not only did she NOT know her job, she was passing on her misinformation. She needs to be terminated.

Honestly, I would have asked for her supervisor and explained how this woman was in a position not suited for her. Not only did she NOT know her job, she was passing on her misinformation. She needs to be terminated.

Well, honestly, I am still fairly new at this...and the quotes would not come fast enough to quote the law. I knew she was wrong but I didn't have the references.

I do have her name, and I do plan to send a complaint...along with a copy of the statute.