Letter to OC after verifying Incorrect Information

Drew

Am I allowed to send this type of letter based on an OC verifying incorrect information and actually stating that they're 'reporting correctly'?

Attn: FCRA Compliance Officer

This letter is being sent pursuant to a notice sent to me on May 11, 2007. Although I have been advised that the above referenced account IS reporting correctly, this is a formal complaint that you are NOT reporting accurate credit information and I have included documentation to prove that. In accordance with the FCRA, I have previously disputed these inaccuracies with the national credit bureaus, but your company maintained the position of repeatedly “verifying” incorrect information against my records. I am confident that your company is duly aware of the FCRA regulations, as it applies to ‘Data Furnishing’.

The following are the inaccuracies I have found in reviewing my credit reports:

· TransUnion, Experian and Equifax are showing different ‘Dates of Last Activity’;

· Experian and Equifax are showing different ‘Charge Off Amounts’;

· Experian and Equifax are showing different ‘Charged Off Dates’;

· Experian and Equifax are showing different ‘Number of 90 Days Late’;

Furthermore, inaccuracies like these have been detrimental to my credit profile and you are hereby put on notice for your repeated violations of § FCRA 623 (a) Duty of furnishers of information to provide accurate information.

If ‘one’ of the following occurs within 21 business days, I will consider this matter resolved:

1. Removal: All GEMB and Wal-Mart related entries

2. Correction of listings & Remitment of $1,000.00, per your violation of FCRA regulations

If your company fails to comply with this request, I will be forced to seek legal action, without prior notice.

considering it's their report to each CRA, I would say so.

Just thought it would be weird to send anything at all in this case.

BTW, does everyone use a standard envelope to send investigation requests and other letters containing more than two pages? I find myself trying to stuff like seven pages into a small envelope and didn't know if it looks too unprofessional or something.

:dunno:

I wouldn't worry about looking professional too much... you are "just" a consumer - not a lawyer. You may consider a manila envelope though for that many pages :)

Yea, but when I think about how much money I've wasted sending correspondence CMRRR, it's shocking. I'm a poor man on a mission.

Yea, but when I think about how much money I've wasted sending correspondence CMRRR, it's shocking. I'm a poor man on a mission.

Well I guess that just means you want the $1000 for FCRA Violations to reload your war chest then... :p Then you will be a "not so poor man" on a mission