Goodwill phone call works too!!

abizone

That's right folks; my 30 day late through Chase was taken care of with just a phone call. I spoke with an associate and I claimed to not have received my statement due to my recent relocation (which was the truth btw) and asked if there was any way I could have this negative notation removed from my account. He gave me a fax number to their Correspondence Office and asked that I file a dispute with them. After everything I read on this forum I put together a goodwill letter and decided to get a mailing address for them, just because I reasoned that an actually letter mailed out might come across as being more involved on my part rather than simply faxing it over. I was hoping that would help leverage my case a little at least in the sympathy department :) So I call customer service back to get a mailing address and proceed to describe the nature of my call. Oddly enough the associate offered to fill out a request for the Correspondence Office to review my case and drop the negative notation. I was highly apprehensive about letting her do it but I decided to take a chance anyways and figured that I'd give it a week before I send them out a letter myself. Sure enough a week later I received a letter in the mail stating that Chase had updated my credit bureau report and the update involved reporting my current balance and no past due remarks on it. Now I'm just anxiously waiting for that e-mail from truecredit telling me that a change has been applied to my credit report :lol: Just thought I’d share my story so it could help anyone else in the same situation as myself.

NICE!

I tried that with USBank without the same luck. I called and did a goodwill letter, but they told me "no". I guess they don't value their people as much as Chase does. I just sent out disputes with the CRAs that it was never late. Funny thing is, only one CRA shows this as being paid late, the other two don't..and USBank reports to all 3.....interesting?

Glad to hear that worked for you. We were working with a credit company with all of our accounts. We have paid every month for the last two and1/2 years.

For some reason unknown to us they have said that we were short on our last payment from the credit company. Same amount as always. Now they say we are off the program and we owe the whole amount.

We ran a credit report on just my Wifes and they show her account as a charge off and late 180. No way, we have been paying every month as the other accounts we have show that. They are reporting incorrectly.

Because of this site we DV them. We did not know you could do that. Long story short, I am betting they don't have records that far back.

I will let everyone know the results.