Public records Question

I do not have any public records listed on my 3 credit reports. I checked 3 countys in 50 mi radius except for LA county because you have to go through to many changes.

Now a co-worker who is a law enforcement officer and taking the bar to become a corporate lawyer,(although he knows nothing about collecion laws),

thinks there could possibly be a judgement out there.

Is this possible? Doesn't it have to be on my credit report?

Hey dazed, I am not a credit repair expert by any means but I have a negative Public Record showing on 2 of my CRs. It is from a state tax lien for $111 from 1995 that I was never informed of. I only found about it being on my CRs when I went to buy a car. I tried to dispute it with the CRAs but it came back verified. After researching this subject within these forums, I have been advised that they are extremely hard to get removed as supposedly since they are Public Records, the CRAs send thier cronys to the internet and court houses to gather info on Public Records and when and if they find any, they add it to your CRs. You may want to visit your State's County website to research if there is in fact a judgement against you. Most counties list this info on thier website as it is a Public Record. There are countless posts regarding dealing with judgements so I would suggest you just read and read and read but again, I would recommed you first finding out if there is a Public Record against you or not. First try going to whatever State's county website you believe the Public Record may be with and if you are not successful there, you may want to go directly to the courthouse to see what documentation they have. From what I have learned, if you do have a Public Record attached to you, it definitely will show on your CRs at somepoint. Hope this helps a little and good luck, these are tough to crack.

"...still have a judgement and it not show on my credit report..."

Yes, this is very possible. Unfortunately, it's not likely, but it is possible.

Is there some reason you believe an existing judgment isn't showing?

And no, it doesn't HAVE to be on your CR, just usually is.