3 Medical Bills w/one CA

jlt071997

Wondering if someone can refresh my memory. I have 3 seperate medical bills, all with one ca. These are fairly recent. (1.) $206 opened 8/05 (2.) $337 opened 1/06 (3.) $73 opened 7/06 . Would you dispute 1 @ a time, or all @ once? I have managed to remove all inquiries on my report, except this ca. I'm assuming because they are attached to these medical bills. I would appreciate any help.

Can you pay them? There have been many success stories where members have gone back to the medical provider and asked them to pull it back from the CA for full payment. Usually they just want their money and will do this. CA accts then disappear off your report.

Yes I read that. Didn't make much sense 'cause mine have never been with insurance co. was unemployed @ time. Since they are small amounts, I probably would be willing to pay if they will remove from CRA. Sorry, seem so

dumbfounded, just trying to make sense of it all!

It's ok to be 'dumbfounded'. It took us ALL some time to figure this out. Sometimes we got creative and it worked!! We then run here to tell everyone so they can do it.

Now the bills. Alright, since you didn't have insurance, I would call the provider and ask them to pull it back. Sing a sob story. "I was unemployed at the time of service and I am so grateful that I was treated. Ultimately, I got this much lower paying job. Recently, I applied for a job in my prior field and they wanted to hire me, but I had these collection accts out there so because of those on my credit report I wasn't hired! :waah: Last week I got a small raise from this current job. What I am so hoping to do is to work with you and a couple of other doctors....if you can pull it back from the collection agency, I can pay the bill to you directly. You get paid, the collection gets deleted and then I can reapply for the job I really wanted."

Often they will tell you they can't....or that you pay the CA and it will be marked paid or paid in full.

Explain....

The hiring manager at the company I want to work for is really trying to help me out here. He told me that even a paid collection isn't good enough. They have to be deleted. He also told me that he has helped others do this....that the original creditor - in this case you - can tell the CA that it was a billing error and they will pull send the acct back.

If they still refuse, tell them that you are going to call the other doctors then. Since your raise is small, the ones willing to work with you get paid first. They (the doctors office) can call you if they change their mind.

Thank them for their time and hang up.

If they DO agree, ask them to fax you the agreement to pull from CA. If they don't want to, say something like....ok, I understand. When it disappears off my CR, I will contact you for payment. Tell them that you can't risk it becoming a 'paid collection' by paying them and they don't pull it back as verbally agreed.