Portrait of the collector

CarolinaBlueEyes

I dont know how many of you watched the show Wife Swap on Monday night but I was amused to see one family who was highlighted on the show whose kids were out of control brats.. (big suprise many of these situations are train wrecks)

Daddy seemed to have a online gambling addiction and had some financial problems because of it.. and the house.. well they pretty much lived in filth and chaos.. OH and he and the Mrs were bill collectors by day, who apparently worked from home...... guess it pays for those online poker games (are those even legal anymore.. LOL)

Just sorted of painted a picture.. and for some reason takes the sting out of the scary collector , even the saviest of us had that idea at one time.

So you mean a COLLECTOR will probably be calling him soon?!?

probably.. but believe it or not lots of collectors are in debt up to their eyes.. bud hibbs and I talked about this once.. prison or jail time... criminal records..drug abuse.. part time people.. they have a very very high turn over in this industry and many of them are in debt and in similar situations

No one wants to be a debt collector when they grow up. Something forces them into it. It's all the same people cycling in and out of telemarketing and psychic hotlines... I bet they say "you're about to get a call from a bill collector" then call from another line and get paid twice...

So collectors are most likely a-h**es who can't find a descent job since they have little or no education, and are most likely in and out of the correctional faucilities here in the USA, maybe even do a little illegal drugs as well.

Great to know who the CA's hire, but, to even know someone with the background I mentioned can know my personal information by running a computer where they work, as well as everyone else here, personally, there should be a law on who get's hired as a collector...

So collectors are most likely a-h**es who can't find a descent job since they have little or no education, and are most likely in and out of the correctional faucilities here in the USA, maybe even do a little illegal drugs as well.

Great to know who the CA's hire, but, to even know someone with the background I mentioned can know my personal information by running a computer where they work, as well as everyone else here, personally, there should be a law on who get's hired as a collector...

these are not the most educated people and lets face it.. make it a law and no one gets the job.. they are not well paid.. thrive on commissions and many dont keep the job more then a few months to a year at most.

and to be fair. you hand your credit card to a waiter .. he has your personal info too.. heck I had someone steal my credit card account at apple.com.. it can happen anywhere