Judgement Deleted 20 point fico drop......

TheRoadBack

I just had a judgement deleted and my fico dropped 20 points. I guess I moved to a different score card but I have to say I am very happy about this drop as my potential future score is now greater. But it does show you how scorecards and age of an account even if it is negative affects your score.

Anyway, thank you everyone who has given me great information along the way!!!!!!!!

Dont lose the faith, I have read many of your posts, asking for solutions to cleaning up your credit cards and inquirys. Time and on time payments are going to make your score go up. Don't be running your credit every two weeks checking score - wait it out.

Your payment history makes up 35% of your credit score

How much you owe makes up about 30% of your credit score

The lenght of your credit history makes up about 15% of your credit score

New credit makes up about 10% of your credit score

Other factors makes up about 10% of your credit score, including inquirys and credit types.

Make your goal to be in the 700 club.

Good Luck......

Thanks everyone.........I have no doubt it will come back as my payments are on time establishing good credit my eq is in the 780's now but I need some work on exp which we all know is impossible and my tu is at 684 so i am getting there. Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for your support!

I'd appreciate if you could share with us how long yours takes to come back... I know everyone's case is individual, but these kinds of stories make me afraid to do any work on my credit reports, since I am trying to buy a house and can't afford any drop at all! (my scores are currently 656-670)

"...I am trying to buy a house..."

Do nothing with your credit until your mortgage loan closes.

I should have said: I'm preparing my credit/savings for buying a house. I won't start the process till october. but I'm nervous about trying to get things off my credit and knocking myself into another scorecard.

I'd appreciate if you could share with us how long yours takes to come back... I know everyone's case is individual, but these kinds of stories make me afraid to do any work on my credit reports, since I am trying to buy a house and can't afford any drop at all! (my scores are currently 656-670)

I'll be happy to let you know where my score stands in the near future.

Hello there,

Congrats

How did you get this judgment deleted? Is this something that you paid off or is it an old judgment that just fell off?

I have two judgements that I am desperately trying to get removed but Experian and Equifax alwas come back as verified.

nylady

Hello there,

Congrats

How did you get this judgment deleted? Is this something that you paid off or is it an old judgment that just fell off?

I have two judgements that I am desperately trying to get removed but Experian and Equifax alwas come back as verified.

nylady

Great News All,

I mailed a letter to the NYS tax dept in march to request a delete for a paid judgment. No response.

I mailed another letter in April. No response.

I was starting to get discouraged but I decided to mail one last letter in May . I stated that I mailed two letter and still have not heard from them.

No response at all. I chkd my True Credit report today and it was deleted.

I can't tell you how excited I am. I was truly thinking of giving up on that one. It was scheduled to fall off in 2010. I hope this post will show everyone that they should keep trying.

I have one last judgment. It is with Asset Acceptance.. The original creditor is Gateway. I sent a letter to Gateway and a representative called me to tell me no. :cry:

I actually paid off the acct through wage garnishment .

Do anyone think that I should write to Asset Acceptance or to the lawyers office? (they mailed me a payoff letter last yr)

xdancex