What do I need in writing

1flyfisher

I read the sample letter and have questions. I understand that the objective is complete removal of any negative from a credit report. So in a debt settlement how would you suggest I request/require that in writing?

As in the sample letter Do I simply say, "the CREDITOR will notify all Credit Reporting Agencies that account is PAID AS AGREED, and delete any entries showing this account as ever being late."

What is the result of this? What happens between the CRA and CA? Does this result in the negative being completely removed forever, or does it stay on there as "Paid as Agreed"? I don't understand why the CRA is notified that an account is "Paid as Agreed" and then the entry is deleted.

Sometimes a TL is deleted when a creditor doesn't "update" the information. If they do that, you're golden. Overall though, it's tough to get a pay for delete. So far, the best I've been able to do is ONE pay for delete out of several negs. The others, I just got the -0- balances or what not.

Elyse