civil judgment question

I have a civil judgment showing on TransUnion only. The filed date is 04/03 and the Plantiff is AutoNation Financial. The amount is $4,947 and it is in the Borward County Circuit Court. My question is do you debt verify this with the county like a CA? Or treat them like a OC? This is my first post as I just started the process with correcting address info with the CRA's.

I have a civil judgment showing on TransUnion only. The filed date is 04/03 and the Plantiff is AutoNation Financial. The amount is $4,947 and it is in the Borward County Circuit Court. My question is do you debt verify this with the county like a CA? Or treat them like a OC? This is my first post as I just started the process with correcting address info with the CRA's.

If the debt yours? Was it a default judgment? You can try and dispute with the CRA's as "not mine" and see what happens.

BJS4200 asked some good questions, in addition I would also go to the court house and get a copy of the file, go through it to answer some of those questions. You might want to check your states sol regarding filing motion to have dimissed and vacated if it's not yours or if the debt was time barred for legal recourse. I know in my state you have 2 years after judgement was granted to do so.