Unrelated sticky posts

copper1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi I'm a newbie-- this is my very first posting. When I originated my debt, I resided in Buffalo NY, but for almost 2 yrs have lived in a near suburb (two blocks from Buffalo city limits!)

When it's said that NY state requires bonding only in Buffalo & NYC, does this pertain to me & the CAs I'm dealing with? What if these CAs are located in other states? Help, I'm confused!

• 1 month later...

There are two collection accounts on my credit report that are being reported by a CA in California.

These are 6 years old, I don't think they're mine, and I would like to have them removed because I don't want to wait another year for something that isn't mine to "fall off".

I DV'd this CA on both, and they sent me screen prints from both their computer and someone elses (it appears to be someone elses, how ever they screen prints are identical, except they are two different OCs and I find it hard to believe they would come from the same OCs computer, not to mention, in the section where it list the OCs name, it says "Client", which leads me to believe the second set of screen prints are not from either OC.

Anyway to make a long story short, I don't know what my next step should be. This doesn't appear to be validation.

On the other hand, when the CA sent the screen prints, they also sent copies of their license, etc....none of which are TN license or anything stating they can practice in TN.

They are not actively calling me, but if they are not authorized to practice in my state, can they still report these accounts to the CRA?