Capital One weirdness!

wolfhound

Cap 1 CC debt, last payment no later than 11/00 (got my old checkbook).

CR says Charged off 4/07! history shows a list of chargeoff dates from 4/07 going back monthly to 2/01, and shows 30 days late 8/00. What are they doing?

One CR says this is due to drop off 5/07, another says 7/07.

Anybody have any thoughts or advice. Maybe advice is the wrong word, since nothing has happened yet....

Sounds like someone hit the wrong key on the computer. I would dispute this as too old to report and see what happens. If that doesn't work, dispute it directly with Crap 1. From what I understand, they keep excellent account records and if they can back up their weirdness, they will. I'm gonna look for the link from the other day about how to get copies of Crap 1 statements. I know it's here, I just have to hunt it down. Be back in a minute.

Here it is:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268407&highlight=Capital

I have had the same problem with Capitol One. They report everymonth. I am trying to hold out now as I have disputed before and that just moved the last activity date. If you are that close I would wait it out. I have 2 more years before mine should drop off. Good luck!

I had a Cap1 account in collectins with Cap1..not anyone else. I did a settlement and it stilll shows up on my CR (didn't know about deleting)...but they don't seem to be doing anything else on it...due to the fact I got a new Cap1 card...not sure if I should dispute my original with cap 1 cuz I don't want them to realize who I am...?

I just had a call from a CA: Alliance re an old CAP 1 account...LOL...

I have 2 CAP one accounts..One for 1080 (date of last activy 4/2002) after they added 600+ in interest fees and another 804 with 500+ (last activity 8/2005) in interest...The second act was supposed to bring the first current but they never updated my CR...I had to pay off the first account before the second one was active---of course I messed up and now both are listed as charged off.

Hello Why are you calling?

CA --u owe 1080 on a CAP one account.

who are you? Alliance

Ok are u aware that I am getting this debt validated?

CA--but the account is with us now and u owe...

WAIT---first of all I dont want to be called and as u know while the debt is being validated, according to the FDCPA, all collections activities should stop..I will need correspondence from you so I can verify whether you can even collect this debt. Dont call me anymore and send me a letter to which I will respond...good bye.