Is Arrow a "JDB" required to obide by this statute?

Drew

"Debt buyer does not have the option to cease collection." Why would you say this?

or this: "if validation is not provided within 10 days of receipt, I shall move to dismiss with no legal obligation to pay." ??

The first line appears to give them permission to continue to come after you.

The second line....'move to dismiss' what? You haven't filed a lawsuit.....

"Debt buyer does not have the option to cease collection." Why would you say this?

or this: "if validation is not provided within 10 days of receipt, I shall move to dismiss with no legal obligation to pay." ??

The first line appears to give them permission to continue to come after you.

The second line....'move to dismiss' what? You haven't filed a lawsuit.....

Well, as I understood the statute, Arrow doesn't have the option not to reply and expect everything to be hunky dory. There is a $500 penalty for not providing validation. Secondly, I think I meant to say "you" instead of "I" in there.

As you can probably tell, I'm an amature at these sort of things, which is why I'm asking for advice on the letter.

You have no Private Right Of Action under 11 USC 1681s2-a. You MUST have a s2-b claim for a valid defense to your claim against the JDB/CA in an FCRA case.

Alright, I'm lost within all this legal jargon. What verbiage should my letter contain then, any thoughts?