Removing mortgage lates

txsquirrel

Three years ago I feel into both a little financial problems and bad information from my Mort co. (Wash mut). It resulted in my house falling in to foreclosure procedings. Fortunately I was able to pull my self out of it, but it left a gob of lates on my CR.

Is it even worth the time and postage to try to get these fixed? Last year I did call Wash Mut to ask about the removal and they were no help.

Has anyone had any success with doing this? I thought about a goodwill letter, but wouldn't know who to send the thing to. When I was going through the foreclosure, you wouldn't believe how many people I had to talk to that knew nothing about what was going on. I even had a mortgage banker call on my behalf and even he was confused.

So is it worth it?

Sure it would be worth it. And I've already tried the phone call route. That didn't get very far. I would think disputing with the CRA would be futile because I'm assuming that mortgage companies keep pretty good records and will be verified. I will probably try the letter (WTH). Any suggestions who to send it to? Which dept.?

The last letter I sent out to my student loan org., the reply was that they "have a responsibility to report accurate information and any deviation would be illegal." I'm betting that I will get the same reply from wash mut. Is this a true statement?

I sent mine (same thing, mortgage years ago lates) attn: Customer Care

via just regular mail. Just watching the credit report to see if they do anything or not. They did send me my pay history upon verbal request but I can't decipher it because of all the codes they use.

So -- just sitting back and waiting to see what happens.

Anyone with experience with Planet Feedback? Is that a good route to take, or would an actual letter in the mail be better?

A letter would be best. Especially one that explains the reason and is in your own words. Make it mushy and tell them how much you appreciate them stickin' with you in your time of need, blah, blah. Get their heads good and swollen. That might work. It has for me on two accounts....they're the best auto on the market and wouldn't think of buying another make, etc. Get the idea? Good luck, I hope it works out for ya. Who could resist a little squirrel?

Unfortunately still with WAMU. I would refi with someone else if I could. My rates aren't too bad, their cust service just soured me on them after the whole foreclosure thing....It started with me being consistantly 28 or 29 days late every month. I called them to see if there was a way to get back on track and they actually told me to skip a payment of two them contact them about a program. I did that (yeah wasn't too bright) and no one knew about any such program. Everything snowballed after that and they weren't help at all. I literally got notice that they would help us with a forebearance(if thats the term) the Friday before it went up on the block which was Monday.

Besides the point. It was amazing how many creeps lurked around our home during this period. They were found in my backyard and peeking in our windows just hoping to snatch up a bargain. Good thing we have big scarry dogs

First off, that Madinks guy is good so listen to him. Try what he said and gas them up with praise coupled with your personalized sob story.

I am not an expert on mortgage issues but I think a harmless vvveeeerrrryyy subtle threat to refi with another company may prompt some compliance.

And that skip a payment to get to program thing sounds illegal and at the least unethical. Investigate that.

Washington Mutaul Sevice is one of the worst in this country!!!!!.....

It took me calling every other day for 9 months - to get a letter saying wasn't responsible for six months late on my mortgage......

In 2001 was part of the emergercy responce for the 9/11 trade center attack. I took advantage of a program WaMu offered to Police and Firefighters. Where I could skip six months of my mortgage, and add to the back end of my loan. The left hand at WaMu collected $1200 (one mortgage payment) to allow me to do this.

Six months later discovered the right hand at WaMu reported me to the credit bureaus six months not paying my house payment. My credit took a nose dive to around 500.

Everytime I called, got the persons name and asked to speak to the supervisor. They would blow me off, but I kept on calling, sometimes 5 to 10 times a day.

Finally 9 months later, they send me a letter that I was not responsible for the lates. Which is mailed to transunion - 2 weeks later credit was cleaned up.

To add icing to the cake - We brought our home in 1993, putting 10% paying PMI. Discovered we were still paying PMI in 2002. Principle Mortgage Insurance is added to loans when you have less than 20% equity in your home.

Due to increases in value and us paying down on the principle, the PMI could of droped off a couple of years after we brought our home, because our equity had grown more than 20%.

Tried to explain to WaMu - they basically told me to forget about it, and there was nothing I could do to recoup the PMI. $126 x 12mths x 8yrs = $12000 could of been added to our priciple.....................

I hope other people can read this - never again am I going to deal with Washington Mutual,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:evil: :evil: :evil:

In 2001 was part of the emergercy responce for the 9/11 trade center attack

Thanks for your service!!!

We were lucky most times to even get an actual person on the phone. When we got a number to the loss mitigation dept., they never answered and their voice mail box was always full. When we sat down with a mortgage banker, he even got irritated with the incompetency they had. Unfortunately our credit bites right now, so refinancing is out of the question. But the second it is better, watch out, they will be replaced.

Sad thing is that we had our mortgage originally with Homeside and they were super.

I am not an expert on mortgage issues but I think a harmless vvveeeerrrryyy subtle threat to refi with another company may prompt some compliance.

Thought about doing that, but I sure they know that they have me against the wall with the negative listings they gave us.