AFNI-Equifax-Experian....It's Time For Some Action

Hey All would love to have some input on my options to sue. Here is a little history on how I have been building my case.

AFNI-CA for Cingular $928 for cell phone I never had account for.

Did timely DV CMRRR 1/29/07 which was signed for, 30 days later no response.

Sent second letter off CMRRR 3/7/07 which was signed for advising them they were in violation and my ITS if TL not deleted from all 3CRA's. No response.

Disputed with all 3 CRA's via phone on 2/9/07 as fraudulent here's what happened:

Trans Union-DELETED

Experian-Verified

Equifax-Verified CR not updated to say disputed by Consumer

Disputed again via phone on 2/21/07 and requested re-investigation with Equifax and Experian:

Equifax-Verified CR still not updated to say disputed by Consumer

Experian-Verified

Disputed again via phone on 3/29/07 and requested re-investigation with Equifax and Experian:

Experian-Verified

Disputed again via phone on 4/4/07 and requested re-investigation with Equifax and Experian:

Experian-Verified

Disputed again via CMRRR 5/4/07 and requested re-investigation with Equifax and Experian:

Experian-Verified

I have never had service or cell phone with Cingular, I called Cingular requesting records they said file was sold to AFNI and they dont have any files or records. I think this is a little too much for me to handle PRO SE. Any insight would be appreciated on which way to go.

Wow! Similar situtation here. Recevied notice for an Alltel phone in Feb. Since I never had an Alltel phone, I advised as such and requested validation (timely). In response to my second DV request (4months after 1st DV) I received the following:

"We have received your dispute but we are unable to investigate at this time. You have provided insufficient information to substantiate your claim. We will complete our investigation within 30 days of receivpt of the following information: The specific information you dispute; An explanation of the basis of your dispute; All supporting documentation to substantiate your claim. Examples may include but is not limited to, photocopy of your driver's license, the identification page of your passport, proof of residency at time of service, recipts etc.; A valid phone number to contact you."

Are they on crack??

Wow, it's amazing how you get people who come to this community and ask the dumbest things and receive replys or the ones who selfishly ask and never offer help or give advice. All I asked was a lil insight from some of the great minds here, oh well.

Wow, it's amazing how you get people who come to this community and ask the dumbest things and receive replys or the ones who selfishly ask and never offer help or give advice. All I asked was a lil insight from some of the great minds here, oh well.

Hey wait a minute...

To me - your question was a bit vague. "any help on where to go from here..." ? I mean come on. It hasn't even been 24 hours and you're already impatient? Geez...

Credit repair and this whole process is a marathon, NOT a sprint. How about searching for other threads like what you posted? I'm sure there are a BUNCH of threads that are very similar to what you have there.

Be specific with what you want. Do you want someone to hold your hand? Tell us that. Do you want more specifics on a certain topic? Tell us that. Don't go crying sour grapes becuase someone else gets a reply to a question you deem stupid.

And I'm not trying to put you down, so please don't think I am. It's just sometimes it may take awhile to get an answer, that's all.

Let me look @ your post again and I'll give you my humble opinion:

Hey All would love to have some input on my options to sue. Here is a little history on how I have been building my case.

AFNI-CA for Cingular $928 for cell phone I never had account for.

Did timely DV CMRRR 1/29/07 which was signed for, 30 days later no response.

Sent second letter off CMRRR 3/7/07 which was signed for advising them they were in violation and my ITS if TL not deleted from all 3CRA's. No response.

Disputed with all 3 CRA's via phone on 2/9/07 as fraudulent here's what happened:

Trans Union-DELETED

Experian-Verified

Equifax-Verified CR not updated to say disputed by Consumer

Disputed again via phone on 2/21/07 and requested re-investigation with Equifax and Experian:

Experian-Verified

Disputed again via phone on 3/29/07 and requested re-investigation with Equifax and Experian:

Experian-Verified

Disputed again via phone on 4/4/07 and requested re-investigation with Equifax and Experian:

Experian-Verified

Disputed again via CMRRR 5/4/07 and requested re-investigation with Equifax and Experian:

Experian-Verified

I have never had service or cell phone with Cingular, I called Cingular requesting records they said file was sold to AFNI and they dont have any files or records. I think this is a little too much for me to handle PRO SE. Any insight would be appreciated on which way to go.

Seems a bit cut and dried as to where you go, dude.

You already DV'ed (timely), they haven't updated to "disputed"...you Dved again, STILL NO UPDATE to dispute, and then you disputed way more times that I would have and still no update. So you sent out your ITS letter in March...it's now June and no lawsuit.

I'd perhaps try a nutcase letter? hehe I'm partial to those things. Outline every volation they (the CA) has racked up...add up all the $1,000 penalties, total it, and tell them you are offering one final chance.....blah blah blah. Complain to your state's AG, the FTC, and the BBB for these idiots. Let them know in your letter you have done so, as well.

Give them 30 more days to get the hell off your report or you will take them to court. If you want to (and I might think about it), actually file the suit.

That should get you a good response from them

I have never had service or cell phone with Cingular, I called Cingular requesting records they said file was sold to AFNI and they dont have any files or records.

Why would Cingular tell you the file was sold if you never had service with them? This is a bit confusing.

Is Cingular alleging that you did have an account for which they can no longer provide records or are saying that they show no records of you ever having had an account? If that's the case, why would they then say it was sold to AFNI?

There is a page on this site that lists the violations and the appropriate statues. There are also numerous examples of people suing in the lawyer forum.

Really, I do think your suit is cut-n-dry if you are willing to educate yourself, get a nice law self-help book and take them to court. Or, you can contact a lawyer from naca.net.

Good luck. And keep your temper in check...

Call AFNI and get all the info they have on the account. Control yourself, donot give out any info about yourself. Tell them you need proof in writing that the account is yours before you may even discuss making any payments on it. Then call Cingular again and use the info you got from AFNI to verify it.

Do not let AT&T give you the run around. Even if they sold the account they can still tell you how much was owed on the last bill, when was the last payment made, etc. Make sure you get the phone number and/or account number from AFNI.

OCs try not to interfere with the collection process so they don't give out too many details and usually claim they donot have any records, but most of the times they do.

Good luck.

There is a page on this site that lists the violations and the appropriate statues. There are also numerous examples of people suing in the lawyer forum.

Really, I do think your suit is cut-n-dry if you are willing to educate yourself, get a nice law self-help book and take them to court. Or, you can contact a lawyer from naca.net.

Good luck. And keep your temper in check...

I do educate myself, whats wrong with asking for a little help or an opinion from some of the more experienced members of this community such as yourself. Temper??? Are you serious? I know your just joking right, I'm one of your fans here, I think more lack of patience that's all. Thank you for your input.

Why would Cingular tell you the file was sold if you never had service with them? This is a bit confusing.

Is Cingular alleging that you did have an account for which they can no longer provide records or are saying that they show no records of you ever having had an account? If that's the case, why would they then say it was sold to AFNI?

I called Cingular to say hey I never had phone or service with you, CSR said although we do have your name and ss# in our system we have no account records of you ever having an account and then transfered me to their fraud dept. who basically said the same thing and informed me that it was nothing that they could do due to it beign sold to AFNI. CSR said if they had anything it must have been purged from their system and turned over to AFNI thats all she was seeing.

Call AFNI and get all the info they have on the account. Control yourself, donot give out any info about yourself. Tell them you need proof in writing that the account is yours before you may even discuss making any payments on it. Then call Cingular again and use the info you got from AFNI to verify it.

Do not let AT&T give you the run around. Even if they sold the account they can still tell you how much was owed on the last bill, when was the last payment made, etc. Make sure you get the phone number and/or account number from AFNI.

OCs try not to interfere with the collection process so they don't give out too many details and usually claim they donot have any records, but most of the times they do.

Good luck.

Thanks CJTX!!! Against my policy to get on the phone with those jerks. I just used Dive's sample lawsuit it's awesome, gonna file on them first thing in the morning was a little unsure of myself but with that swift kick in the pants SAW gave me I'm ready!!! I can do this! Thank you all who have posted here for your help I'll keep you posted on my progress.

I do educate myself, whats wrong with asking for a little help or an opinion from some of the more experienced members of this community such as yourself. Temper??? Are you serious? I know your just joking right, I'm one of your fans here, I think more lack of patience that's all. Thank you for your input.

Well, I can see why we'd want to help you, you are so complimentary and grateful and all that!

Educating yourself was my opinion. I really, really, find people are willing to help those who help themselves.

But back to the subject, you didn't mention if you thought about the possibility of identity theft. Now, if you REALLY do believe you have NEVER EVER had a Cingular or AT&T account (they were AT&T, then changed to Cingular, and now inexplicably are changing their name back to AT&T again, oy) then perhaps you should fill out one of those forms for fraud/ID theft and send it along to them?

You need to rack up at least one more violation (them ignoring your affidavit sent CMRRR), then you are home free. File in the lowest court possible for the amount you decide to seek. Read up on books for Maryland Civil Procedure, and you will do dandy.

Well, I can see why we'd want to help you, you are so complimentary and grateful and all that!

Educating yourself was my opinion. I really, really, find people are willing to help those who help themselves.

But back to the subject, you didn't mention if you thought about the possibility of identity theft. Now, if you REALLY do believe you have NEVER EVER had a Cingular or AT&T account (they were AT&T, then changed to Cingular, and now inexplicably are changing their name back to AT&T again, oy) then perhaps you should fill out one of those forms for fraud/ID theft and send it along to them?

You need to rack up at least one more violation (them ignoring your affidavit sent CMRRR), then you are home free. File in the lowest court possible for the amount you decide to seek. Read up on books for Maryland Civil Procedure, and you will do dandy.

Thank you SAW!!! I had no idea they were even bought by AT&T, I have been with Verizon formerly Bell Atlantic Mobile Systems since 1987 and have never had any other service for home or wireless. Reading my State's Laws now!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Update!!! Turned case over to NCAC Lawyer, little too much for me to handle pro se, even though she said I was on the right track with my complaint. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress, she is telling me Equifax should be calling first with settlement offer too many provable violations and she has a long history with Equifax and settlements on her clients behalf. I told her if AFNI wants to settle it has to be for 75% of what we are asking for if not tell them we will see them in court. I hate those Bast***s