What are the Best actual Payment Methods when Settling???

mmacdonald45

I see a lot of Settlement posts, but I'm wondering what the best and safest payment methods are when trying to settle.

I have a CC in collections and am trying to settle, this is from 4 years ago. I have a joint credit card account with my girlfriend, with lots of credit and some spare cash. I would like to put it on the credit card and pay it in full. Is this a good idea? Please respond ASAP!

Like I said, its an old debt, and it just above what I have n cash, I make plenty of money these days so I'm not worried one bit about paying off the other CC right away (i've learned my lesson)

My question is, is there any harm in doing this? Can anybody foresee a problem with this? As I will have a record of this payment from the CC company which can't be disputed

I have a similar situation, having the cc to pay off the old debts. Wouldn't you still need to pfd to actually clear from the cra's? What about using one of those "checks" the cc sends to pay off your bills with? It looks like a personal check, but not your personal banking info printed on it. Those ca's won't let ya split the balance in a couple of payments, they always want it in full! Any help would be appreciated.

II have a CC in collections and am trying to settle, this is from 4 years ago.
Who would you actually be paying? If its the OC, you're a little safer, but if you're paying through a CA, I'd suggest either a money order (of which, you make a copy) or cashier's check from a bank.

(It really doesn't matter where you get the cash from...although putting it on another CC isn't the greatest...but, wherever you get, you DO NOT want a CA to have your account information or something with your signature on it.)