Ouestion about NCC

Blu

Hi everyone,

Are NCC/NCO the same company? NCC have begun to call but just leave prerecorded messages for me to call them. It's for a $100.00 debt that was incurred almost four years ago (an old SBC phone bill). Does anyone know the SOL on that type of debt? I live in California.

On the dunning letter it says NCO/ASSIGNEE OF SBC. So, does it mean that I can deal with SBC or does NCO own the debt now? The 'assignee' bit always has me confused.

Any help? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Are NCC/NCO the same company? NCC have begun to call but just leave prerecorded messages for me to call them. It's for a $100.00 debt that was incurred almost four years ago (an old SBC phone bill). Does anyone know the SOL on that type of debt? I live in California.

On the dunning letter it says NCO/ASSIGNEE OF SBC. So, does it mean that I can deal with SBC or does NCO own the debt now? The 'assignee' bit always has me confused.

Any help? Thanks!

Sounds like SBC owns the debt and NCO is just collecting. SBC might not want to deal with you but good luck. As far as SOL, i think this is considered an "open account".

Thanks for the info bigjohnstud. According to TU the account was placed for collections June/2005, and the estimated date that the item will be removed is 3/2010. It may have been sent to collections in 2005 but I actually closed the account with SBC in November of 2003 because I moved, lost the final bill, never got paid. So, if it's an open account, should I just wait them out till December when the SOL is up? If I understand correctly, the SOL on an open account is 4 years in CA, and I never paid the final bill they sent that November, so I figure the SOL is good till December/2007. Am I wrong?

I'm not quite sure what to do ... Should I wait them out and deal with the calls? Send a DV letter and wait for the response and go from there? I'm feeling confused. Help.

Thanks for the info bigjohnstud. According to TU the account was placed for collections June/2005, and the estimated date that the item will be removed is 3/2010. It may have been sent to collections in 2005 but I actually closed the account with SBC in November of 2003 because I moved, lost the final bill, never got paid. So, if it's an open account, should I just wait them out till December when the SOL is up? If I understand correctly, the SOL on an open account is 4 years in CA, and I never paid the final bill they sent that November, so I figure the SOL is good till December/2007. Am I wrong?

I'm not quite sure what to do ... Should I wait them out and deal with the calls? Send a DV letter and wait for the response and go from there? I'm feeling confused. Help.

IMO, I would let it ride out till the SOL has expired then attempt a dispute/Pay for Delete.

I'd like to ride it out for the next 6 months but the phone calls would be a problem as I don't live alone. Should I go ahead and send a DV?

Well, it's only a $100 bucks. Send a DV and see if they stop, if they don't and continue to call and you don't plan on paying, send a C&D. I doubt they will take you to court for $100 bucks, but that's just a guess. Or you could send, with your DV, a notice that you are reachable at you cell number from now on only.