"Last payment" to CA...pay or ?

Brianito

I have a number of questions but one is very pressing atm. I had a Bank of America account that went to a CA, Client Services. They offered me a settlement which I accepted and was to make 3 payments. The first two payments were made and at the end of this month the final payment is due.

My question: Do I make this "final payment" and hope for the best, or do I try contacting the OC and try to make a PFD agreement...I am just so confused...

My credit was actually quite good up until about a year and a half ago. I lost my job and had medical problems (almost losing my leg) which caused a number of my accounts to go past due. I now have a job, am getting better health-wise and am trying to salvage my credit. I recently got 2 out of the 3 Credit Reports online (Experian says I have to mail in for it) and I now have multiple charge offs and CAs including Arrow and Client Services wanting money.

I'm man enough to admit that I have cried over this many times and I don't know what to do anymore. I found this site today and am overwhelmed & confused by much of the information. I am now afraid that I am making wrong choices that may affect me for years to come.

Can someone advise at least on what action to take regarding this payment? Please.

Welcome to the Boards! :)++

We all know how overwhelming all of this can be at the beginning.

First of all, your health is far more important than your credit score. I would rather be alive and well with a 400 score than dead with an 800! ;)

This is a process. It will take time, but you will be in the 600 club before you know it, so take a deep breath, relax and start learning the steps.

re: your original question.....

Play stupid with this CA....(write them) tell them that you are ready to send final payment, but you are hesitant to do so....because although (YOU) have been holding up your end of the deal you are wondering why they haven't sent the letter that you agreed to....you know the one that says the acct will be deleted when you make last payment?

This is an opportunity to turn the tables on them. If you are in a 1 party state (for telephone recordings) you can even tell them that you have a recording of that conversation!

They lie....so can you! It might get you a PFD, it might not. It is ALWAYS worth the try. xangelx

In the end, making that final payment is your decision. After that, you can always go for the nutcase letters. You report them to everyone and their uncle. (BBB, FTC, AG, etc.) Sometimes they delete to get rid of you. Sometimes they don't, but then you can have some fun harrassing THEM! 8-)

Things will get better!