bossfan

From 633 to 549 overnight?

My husband's Experian FAKO went from 633 to 549 after a posting error caused our mortgage payment to be reported 30 days late. The only other thing was an inquiry regarding our overdraft protection loan extention by the credit union. Meanwhile, my FAKO actually increased from 545 to 574!

Is this typical? Did we overlook something?

Yes, you overlooked something.

you're dealing with FAKOs, not the real thing. Your FAKO increases or decreases with each lunar tide and how many butterflies fart in Africa.

It is typical for a FICO to go down with a recent late payment...but if it was a "posting error" - get it fixed and it will be OK. Just make sure it's not reporting the late.

Yes, you overlooked something.

you're dealing with FAKOs, not the real thing. Your FAKO increases or decreases with each lunar tide and how many butterflies fart in Africa.

It is typical for a FICO to go down with a recent late payment...but if it was a "posting error" - get it fixed and it will be OK. Just make sure it's not reporting the late.

:ROFLMAO2::roflmao::urcrazy:

and how many butterflies fart in Africa.

hey... thats my line ;)

Fakos fake you out.. About all I use mine for is a quick way to check to see if something has changed on TC.. Update, click to the report, click scores before the report loads. If they are all the same, it's likely not changed at all. If they have, I go looking very closely.