;( Please help with Advise - Recvd. Garnishment Letter from Employer

tjsmokey

Hi

Today I received a copy of the letter W and A sent to my employer for Request For Garnishment on Wages (3-646)(WRGW).

Plaintiff: Baltimore Gas and Electric

Court: District Court of Maryland.

I want take care of it right away or pay for it. The last activity was 6/21/2002 and they charged me a 'post-judgment' interest at 10% up till 3/27/07 totaling $257.

Original amount of judgment was $526. I can I do to pay of this ridiculous rage.

I also never received a copy of the writ. Can I file a motion asserting a defense

I recently apply for a Mortgage Loan and all old collection account started to regeneration.

Help

Thanks for the sincere reply. I called the Law Office and they explained that I've been charged 14 cent per day. Now may balance is close to $900 out of just a mere $500 electric bill.

This is not fair after BGE increased bill in Maryland for about 150% over the course of two years

Should I renegotiate to pay this stupidity?

xjawdropx

I've done it. Not proud if it, but a guy has to do what he's got to do to feed the family. When someone comes along and garnishes your wages and makes off with 25% pre-tax that can be the differeance of eating, or not.

I am in a VERY high demand field, I get headhunters and job offers every few weeks.

I 'll call them today to verify. When they send in the Judgment Letter, my mom signed and received the letter. Just found out today. Now they are charging me 14 cents a day since March + the BGE pre court charges + Bill. This is ridiculous.

Sadly, quitting does become a viable option. As a nurse, I'm fairly assured of employment. (Nurses aren't even allowed unemployment in TX related to "nursing shortages".:roll: ) I got a letter stating my wages would be garnished. I tried to get them to let me make payments but it was a no go. So... I quit. That puts an end to that and they were MORE than willing to talk payments then. I am now making payments each month to Windham LLC for my student loans for approx $28,000. I got a new job the next day... for better pay.. go figure! :lol: They got my tax return which I suppose I deserved for dragging my feet so long in paying these loans back. I have had a good experience with this Collection Co so far. They've always been polite, friendly and helpful. Course, they had me by the shorthairs in that I couldn't renew my nursing liscense without making a certain payment amount (which I scrambled to do). All in all, I thank my lucky stars that they seem to be above board and honest in our dealings so far. The penalties have been youchie! but I'm dealing. Good luck with your battle.