lakeeire

What next after dv response?

I sent a dv letter on dated 06/09/07, received original back with can not find written on it and stamped received 06/11/07. A form was also attached stating, unfortunately, with the information you provided we could not locate the account you referred to in your letter, therefore i am returning your original piece of mail.

the form they attached want me to supply my name, ss#. prevous address etc.

I have not heard from the cra yet about the dispute. what should i do now?:?:

my name was on the dv letter and the account number is whats on the credit report with the last 4 numbers deleted.

so if the cra come back verified, is that when i send them a copy of the vd letter returned from the creditor?

This sounds like they're stalling. Write them back and tell them they're reporting it to the CRAs so they better be able to find it and, if they can't find it using your name and account number, they had better delete it or you will sue them for reporting inaccurate information and poisoning your CR. TX has some pretty good consumer protection laws to work for you. Have you searched for those yet? If not, I would recommend doing that. SecretAgentWoman can probably point you in the right direction for those if you ask her nicely. Good luck and welcome.

I wouldn't. Force them to validate or violate. TX statutes allow for DV even if it's past the Federal 30 day window. For debtors in TX, the JDB/CAs don't have the choice of ignoring your DV. You may want to mention that in your letter as well.