Loan officer quit week before close

OK, so I am 5 days from closing on a house with a reputable bank. I call my loan officer earlier this week, no answer. Call the next day voicemail hadnt changed from day before... call yesterday... he no longer works there. The bank is still helping me on my loan... but... on my credit report last friday was an inquiry from a mortgage company that I do not know about... I think that the loan officer was trying to get a loan for me from a company that he works with now... even though i was that close to closing... I didnt give him permission to do this... and I am not sure of what my rights are.... not only is it an inquiry.... it shows up as an actual creditor also.... I really dont know what to do.... please... help... and if you need more info ask.. I just dont really even know what to say.....

Since you are shopping for a mortgage, and it was a mortgage inquiry, I wouldn't worry about it effecting your score. I understand that all mortgage inquiries in a 30 day period count as ONE inquiry for scoring purposes, so people can shop loans without fear.

However, you can always dispute directly to the company that pulled the inquiry.

Since you are shopping for a mortgage, and it was a mortgage inquiry, I wouldn't worry about it effecting your score. I understand that all mortgage inquiries in a 30 day period count as ONE inquiry for scoring purposes, so people can shop loans without fear.

However, you can always dispute directly to the company that pulled the inquiry.

I guess that I am more upset that he took my information with him to another company..l. as you can tell from my fico's, I have worked really hard this past year... the pulls were 23 days apart... some people say 14 days some people say 30 days.,..... So... I dont know..... I didnt go to a mortgage broker... I went through US BANK, he pulled for taylor, bean and whittaker, through Randall Mortgage.... and to make it even better... he did this before he even left US BANK... and then again after he left.....