Loan officer left me hanging

shan2themax

okay.. so I posted this also in legal as I wasnt sure where to post so here goes....

OK, so I am 5 days from closing on a house with a reputable bank. I call my loan officer earlier this week, no answer. Call the next day voicemail hadnt changed from day before... call yesterday... he no longer works there. The bank is still helping me on my loan... but... on my credit report last friday was an inquiry from a mortgage company that I do not know about... I think that the loan officer was trying to get a loan for me from a company that he works with now... even though i was that close to closing... I didnt give him permission to do this... and I am not sure of what my rights are.... not only is it an inquiry.... it shows up as an actual creditor also.... I really dont know what to do.... please... help... and if you need more info ask.. I just dont really even know what to say.....

I dont even know where to start!!!!!!!!

If you did not give this bozo permission to pull your reports for his new company, then that probably is an FCRA violation.

However, if the bank you're currently working with still carries through with the loan, I wouldn't worry about it. You might even point out to the "new" loan officer what happened...they might want to pursue some action against the bozo.

If you did not give this bozo permission to pull your reports for his new company, then that probably is an FCRA violation.

However, if the bank you're currently working with still carries through with the loan, I wouldn't worry about it. You might even point out to the "new" loan officer what happened...they might want to pursue some action against the bozo.

They are very aware of this situation... the thing is... I want the inquiry removed and today... not 30 days from now... another thing i forgot to mention is that... at this point... since his office hasnt been totally cleaned out... he has... bk 7 dc papers, child support info, paystubs, checking account info from both of my accounts..... see what i mean... I just dont even know what to do.... or even what I can do

.... it shows up as an actual creditor also....

If, by that, what you mean is they have an actual trade line with you owing them money, then that's a little more serious. That's "reporting inaccurate information" and "poisioning your credit file". If that's the case, you might find a www.naca.net lawyer in your area...

If, by that, what you mean is they have an actual trade line with you owing them money, then that's a little more serious. That's "reporting inaccurate information" and "poisioning your credit file". If that's the case, you might find a www.naca.net lawyer in your area...

It doesnt show a balance yet... but.. in the creditor contact it is listed.... I called CBCINNOVIS as that was part of the info and they actually gave me a loan number that it was in regards to.....

So, basically, you've been approved for the same loan by two different banks...

Hmmmm....

At this point, I'd suggest putting it squarely in the lap of the first bank. Assuming this guy was an employee, and not a mortgage broker, they would certainly have some sort of non-compete agreement with him. I'm sure they will take a dim view of him walking out the door with business under his arm. And, surely, they have all the records he had...

Hmmmm....

At this point, I'd suggest putting it squarely in the lap of the first bank. Assuming this guy was an employee, and not a mortgage broker, they would certainly have some sort of non-compete agreement with him. I'm sure they will take a dim view of him walking out the door with business under his arm. And, surely, they have all the records he had...

the bank I am with is not a brokerage... and he was not a broker at the bank I am using, he was a loan officer.... he is supposively a broker now with a mortgage company and not a bank..... I am hoping that he left my things behind.... they were going through his office today... but as of close of business today they hadnt come across anything......

so... does anyone have a suggestion or am I just SOL... I mean, this really sucks.. I have worked hard in the past year to raise my score about 150+ points..... I dont want inquiries on there that dont belong there..... and I definately am not comfortable with someone having my information out there and that I dont have control over that..........

Hmmmm....

i am going to ask about the non-compete agreement tomorrow.. that was a good suggestion!!!!!!!

Hmmmm....

The first bank also likely has violated the Gram-Leach-Baily Act by failing to safeguard your information.

I took it as OP meaning that the inquiry is listed as a separate creditor, ETA: BOA, Wachovia or something along those lines (some type of direct lender) vs a broker such as Credco, etc. It doesn't seem or sound like a tradeline from what I read.

I hope OP kept duplicate copies (their own master file) of everything bozo loan officer took with him.