fraud alert in the middle of disputes?

tecksastim

i got a letter from a former employer telling me my personal information including SSN was comprimised 2005-2006. they also suggested i place a fraud alert on my report.

great i think. maybe experian will finally delete those inquiries i know nothing about.

thing is i am in the middle of some disputes right now. i have about 2 weeks left.

1. should i place the alert now or when the disputes are finished?

2. should i file a police report? (stickies stated this would be good)

3. would this interupt the current dispute process?

my thought is to go ahead and file a fraud alert now, and just dispute again as normal when this current dispute is over.

i got a letter from a former employer telling me my personal information including SSN was comprimised 2005-2006. they also suggested i place a fraud alert on my report.

great i think. maybe experian will finally delete those inquiries i know nothing about.

thing is i am in the middle of some disputes right now. i have about 2 weeks left.

1. should i place the alert now or when the disputes are finished? Place the alert now.

2. should i file a police report? (stickies stated this would be good) Yes

3. would this interupt the current dispute process? no

my thought is to go ahead and file a fraud alert now, and just dispute again as normal when this current dispute is over.

:)++