Target/Is this a Denial?

I searched this board and other boards that pulled equ and what score and cr info others had when they were approved for a target card. i shop there a lot and would love the card so I applied. This is the message I got; is this a denial?

Your online application requires further processing. To obtain the status of your online application now or anytime in the next 48 hours, go to Target.com/redcard and select the Application Status link on the left side of the page. Enter the Application ID number shown below. You will also receive a response in the mail within two weeks.

Thanks

Actually I just check and I was approved. It's only $300 but it's a start. I'm so excited!

Bravo! From what I understand, if you keep everything current for 12 months, they upgrade to a Target Visa.

Congrats again!

-r

That would be incorrect.

There are people that have had it for years with no upgrade and perfect payment history.

What's the real difference between the Target Redcard as opposed the target Visa? I mean besides the fact the the red card is for Target only? That's good enough for me, I don't need the upgrade. They can eventually up my CL.......that would be nice. I have a major cc already.

From what I understand, if you keep everything current for 12 months, they upgrade to a Target Visa.

I've never heard of this, either - the hub and I have had a red card for a year and a half with no upgrade. In fact, the limit is only $200 but that's OK.

Never think all is lost when you get one of those, "we need time to process your application." I've gotten more than one card that way. It may not be good instant gratification but it's a nice surprise when an acceptance comes in the mail.

I've never heard of this, either - the hub and I have had a red card for a year and a half with no upgrade. In fact, the limit is only $200 but that's OK.

Never think all is lost when you get one of those, "we need time to process your application." I've gotten more than one card that way. It may not be good instant gratification but it's a nice surprise when an acceptance comes in the mail.

Thanks ctfudge. I checked "application status" about 2 minutes after posting this thread and I received the "congratulations" message from Target.

I searched this board and other boards that pulled equ and what score and cr info others had when they were approved for a target card. i shop there a lot and would love the card so I applied. This is the message I got; is this a denial?

Your online application requires further processing. To obtain the status of your online application now or anytime in the next 48 hours, go to Target.com/redcard and select the Application Status link on the left side of the page. Enter the Application ID number shown below. You will also receive a response in the mail within two weeks.

Thanks

Can you tell us what your scores were when you applied? And congrats on the new card!

What's the real difference between the Target Redcard as opposed the target Visa? I mean besides the fact the the red card is for Target only? That's good enough for me, I don't need the upgrade. They can eventually up my CL.......that would be nice. I have a major cc already.

Target Red card only works at Target, Target VISA works anywhere there is a VISA logo.

The Target Visa comes w/ a higher CL.

I broke down and finally applied and I got the same message. However when I went to check status it told me the I.D. number wasn't entered correctly.I put it in just like it reads, without the hypens.:confused: I figured I might have a shot since my score jumped up to 600.

target sent me the same letter, then sent me a $300 limit target card in the mail, a year later they upgraded me to a Target Visa, i used my card constantly, and always paid the amout due exactly, within 2 yrs i had a $5000 limit

that was 7 years ago... of course now i have a $5000 charge off with Target, lol

I got the same 7-10 day message last week and then got a letter today saying the couldn't give me a card because they couldn't verify my address and home phone. I called them to reconsider and they did some security questions and approved me - granted for a $200 limit, but I'm building up positive TLs so I'll take it. It will be the card I hand to the kids to buy the grandkid's diapers and formula.

I just got further processing as well. Came here and read the blog and checked the status... to see further processing required a second time.

Guess I blew my online status check. No phone number required... guess I'm waiting the 2 weeks :evil:

Keep your fingers crossed, you may get the "call".

Bravo! From what I understand, if you keep everything current for 12 months, they upgrade to a Target Visa.

-r

That would be incorrect.

There are people that have had it for years with no upgrade and perfect payment history.

They upgraded me to the Visa at exactly 12 months just the other day. Can't say I'm complaining about going from a $200 to a $1500 limit, especially considering I'm currently unemployed.

A year and a half ago my credit was trashed. Target was one of the first to take a chance on me after I had cleaned up my reports a little. I continued to clean up my reports after getting the Red Card and that might have something to do with the upgrade, as my score has gotten significantly better since then.

Man I haven't answered the phone in like 6 years (does anyone here? lol) ... wonder what happens if I miss it? Phone message states my last name though

I answer now, but it took awhile. I have a PDA phone and a smartphone both running windows mobile. I purchased an add on program called "smartfilter" and I used it to block all calls with no caller id info and all calls I added to my block list so everytime a call would come in from my block list my phone would ring half a ring and then they would be transfered to VM. At home, before I got a new unpublished number, I installed a call filter I downloaded that would "pick up and immediately hang up" on any number I added to the filter, they didn't even get to VM. I tried to call Target before I got a call from them to find out the status and they told me to "wait" they couldn't look me up, however, I just called regular customer service. Maybe someone has a better number for you.

Thanks..

I called them today and they said if I hadn't called it would have been denied as "missing info" or something like that. She asked me "IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR CREDIT FILE???" just like that a bunch of times... I finally said there may be a fraud alert... she let out all her air and said YES, that's it.

I had only seen one on Experian though, didn't know there was one on equifax at all. So anyway, she said I have to call EQ, get my new phone number added to the report, then RE-APPLY so I could call from my home number again and they could verify me. So another hard pull I guess, but I made her tell me if there were any other disqualifiers first, she said no, she'd proceed with the card if I did these things.

So, guess I gotta call EQ tomorrow or whenever I can.