Thanks everybody! TU FICO jumped 126 points

lindy1

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great advice. I knew I had CO's and bad credit and didn't think there was anything I could do about it - until I found this site. I had sent disputes back in 2002, but everything came back verified, so I thought - that's it - have to live with it. I found this site and joined TC on 5/18/07 with FAKO scores TU 613 EX 533 EQ 541. I have good TL's with mortgages and car loans over the last 5-6 years, but there are some big CC CO's that will be dropping off reporting over the next year that are causing the low scores. I sent disputes to the big 3 on 5/24 and a couple of the CO's have dropped off. I hadn't applied for a CC in over 7 years, but I was feeling confident and applied for Lowe's on 5/23 - no dice :cry: I applied for a pre-approved Cap 1 card platinum and got a 500 CL, so I'm thinking - it's a start. I still had an open inactive account from JCPenney's from '87 (history!) with a $200 CL. I called them and they sent me new cards (thanks MatthewScott for the idea) I went ahead and got my FICO's on 6/11 TU 568 EQ 671 EX 642 No wonder Lowe's didn't approve. I also had a closed NFCU Visa from '89, so I figured I'd call them since they use EQ. They couldn't open my old account, but they approved a new one with a CL of 15,000! I was in shock. I thought they made a mistake and meant 1500, but 5 days later, TC is reporting the new TL and 15k CL. On 6/21, TC reported TU 684 EX 645 EQ 661 (I've gone from 6 4 6 derog to 3 4 5 at this point). I decided to get my new FICO TU last night and it was 694!!! It jumped 126 points in 10 days!!! I was so excited, I applied online to TSC (I need a new lawn tractor) and was instantly approved for 4K!!!. My scores may drop from the new TL's, but that's OK - I'm moving forward finally This is an awesome site! Thank you!

I still had an open inactive account from JCPenney's from '87 (history!) with a $200 CL. I called them and they sent me new cards

lol, You get an updated account and still get to keep the history. They get some business. I think it works out for everyone. I'm glad it worked for you as well.

As you know, just be good with it.

Great progress! Keep going and good luck!

xdancex

Congrats. Thats awseome. I've been a NFCU member since the mid 90's myself. I've had a few car loans through them over the years. I just applied friday for a CC with them and was approved with a $5000 limit. I hope that will help out my Fico score some.