Alternate Social Security # listed on Experian

Master Debator

That is exactly what it means. Many times a person will end up with their spouse's SSN or their children's SSN.....most I have seen have been caused by medical collections.....the insurance holder (in that case me) is the one they use to collect because they are considered the responsible party so the CA ends up using MY name and their SSN!

Since the CRAs need to match 2 of 3 pieces of data (Name, Addy and SSN), it can happen....that is how PRs get on your report and AUs....Name and Addy match and they have no SSN to go by.

ahh.. i thought they had to have your SS#

No way--that would mean that they would actually have a reasonable system of verifying information from their subscribers.

As far as SSN's go, their systems assume that if 7 of the 9 digits match, then there is a match.

No way--that would mean that they would actually have a reasonable system of verifying information from their subscribers.

As far as SSN's go, their systems assume that if 7 of the 9 digits match, then there is a match.

Hmm, this explains why my bro's name is on my credit report. His SS is two digits away from my (last two digits).

They also have a formula for partial match of names....

My sis-in-law just had another woman's file added to hers! My sis-in-law is Tammy, MI, Smith... This person is Tamika MI Smith and 2 other last names (obviously one is maided and 2 are married.....) This woman's SSN and addy have been added as well as the accts. (EX only BTW)

For my sis-in-law, it is a good thing! LOL She and my bro just paid off their BK13 and are rebuilding. This other woman has GREAT credit and low UTIL! ;) (Yeah, they are disputing this woman's info....god forbid her credit went south!)

I had that problem when my cousin (who had my middle name as her first name and a similar birthdate and we lived in the same house for a while) and I got our files mixed.

After her BK filing, it was a bitch to clear up!

Because of that, I legally changed my name, so now I have my original first name, no middle name, and a different last name.

I had that problem when my cousin (who had my middle name as her first name and a similar birthdate and we lived in the same house for a while) and I got our files mixed.

After her BK filing, it was a bitch to clear up!

Because of that, I legally changed my name, so now I have my original first name, no middle name, and a different last name.

You finding it easier or harder to get credit with a name like, "Pimp Daddy"? :lol:

My MIL and I have the same first and last name. Different MI and lived in the same house at one time. Her stuff ended up on my CR and mine on hers! :shock:

Ok, so she disputed my stuff on hers and I kept my mouth shut with her stuff on my CR! 8-) Something about this woman has never been late on anything in her entire life.... and I mean NEVER!!!!

Oh well, they figured it out eventually because nothing remains from her. :-(