Creditone Visa Card

i just got approved for the creditone visa card but i don't know that credit limit as of yet...probably 200...its a start...being that i have been denied by all the cards i basically found on this site such as Hooters, AMEX, Target...ect...waiting to here from Capital one...will keep yall updated...

Do anyone else have a Creditone Card?

I had one, and used it for a few years and paid and closed it. Mine had an annual fee billed monthly, about $6 per month. Not so bad when you need to rebuild credit. My limit was $450 but I don't remember if that represented an increase from the original or if that was the original.

I believe you might have to pay a fee to pay the bill online - hopefully not, maybe that was just the "rush fee" which I know I paid at least once to stay out of hot water. I always mailed my checks in because I think I had to pay a fee otherwise. Maybe they've caught up to this century by now and will let you pay online fee-free.

Be careful about mailing your checks in plenty of time, so they don't claim they didn't get it till the day after your due date. All that being said, you should be fine.

One nasty thing they did was this every month: They got my payment and credited it, but would not release the amount as available until something ridiculous like two weeks after receiving and crediting the payment. I don't know if they were afraid the bank would call the check bad, or if it's just some legal loophole they have that allows them to do that for a maximum amount of time they take full advantage of. It annoyed me to pay and not have access to funds for so long.

They gave me my first rebuilder card. I got a 350 limit and they reported it as 400. I paid online I was not charged a fee. I think they now charge a fee.

I paid the same 5.75 each month and no they will not accept the entire payment for a year. I guess that is their way of making sure that if you fdont pay each month you will have a late fee so they'll make some money.

After 6 months they gave me a credit line increase of $100.

I had no issues with them other than them doing a soft pull on my credit about a month after i closed my account. I still have not decided if I should sue them.

Does a soft pull hurt your credit? I guess I'm not sure exactly what a S.P. was but I thought it was a pull you didn't authorize that does not display to lenders or affect your score. I guess I should go read the glossary. All I know is that the subprime lenders I've cut ties with are all over me in that category of credit report pulls - I guess they think they'll win me back or something.

Thank to all that posted...i guess this is a good card for me then being i never had a credit card before and they are the only one who has approved me...i have several installment accounts on my reports but no revolving...however i do now have Kay's Jewelers reporting so i guess this will help also...FYI Kay's reports the same day of initial purchase, in case anyone wanted to know....

Yep, I got one when it was still FNB Marin. One of the few that aproved me. I asked for a few CLI increase and they have raised it to $750. The last time they charged me $25 tho! They are next on my list of cards that need to go.

I didn't mind the fees. If you have crappy credit, you have to pay the price, but it's only temporary.

-r

Does a soft pull hurt your credit? I guess I'm not sure exactly what a S.P. was but I thought it was a pull you didn't authorize that does not display to lenders or affect your score. I guess I should go read the glossary. All I know is that the subprime lenders I've cut ties with are all over me in that category of credit report pulls - I guess they think they'll win me back or something.

Yes, you are right. But they cant do an account review if I dont have an account with them. It cant be a promotional inquiry cause my file is blocked for promotional inguiry. Basically they violated my rights. I had no problem with them when I had the card. I also dont want to be greedy since they never pissed me off no need to kick their a$$ on this one. I did consider requesting my application fee and monthly fees in return for no law suit.

Maybe you should opt out. I need the file space to pull TC so I opted out.