How to obtain phone records?

I have a situation where the collector had been calling repeatedly, beyond the legal limits of state law. So, I reported them to the AGO.

Today, their response came, and their lawyer flat out lied. He claimed that they had not called too often according to their records.

I have a written log of all calls received, but nothing further. So I tried to get Qwest to give me a copy of the incoming call log. I thought it would be no big deal, since my cell phone used to send me one every month. Heh, was I wrong.

First I need a subpoena. Fine.

Second, I need $350 PER DAY! For three weeks' worth of records, that's going to be around $7000, which is flat out ridiculous.

Does anyone know a better way to get those records? I repeat, they are MY records. There's nothing shady here, like me wanting Paris Hilton's records.

I have a situation where the collector had been calling repeatedly, beyond the legal limits of state law. So, I reported them to the AGO.

Today, their response came, and their lawyer flat out lied. He claimed that they had not called too often according to their records.

I have a written log of all calls received, but nothing further. So I tried to get Qwest to give me a copy of the incoming call log. I thought it would be no big deal, since my cell phone used to send me one every month. Heh, was I wrong.

First I need a subpoena. Fine.

Second, I need $350 PER DAY! For three weeks' worth of records, that's going to be around $7000, which is flat out ridiculous.

Does anyone know a better way to get those records? I repeat, they are MY records. There's nothing shady here, like me wanting Paris Hilton's records.

Your own logs should be enough for the AGO to issue a subpoena. They can only charge a reasonable fee in response to a suboena.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Swtguy, that's the direction I was planning to go. The particular law they violated is a Washington law, and it does not have a private course of action as far as I can tell. So it's probably up to the AGO to decide if they want to pursue it.