Do I try for PFD?

Renai3

The ongoing saga of HSBC:

So, the other day, I made a few phone calls to track down exactly where this debt is. Platinum Capital Investments, who I DV'd back in April is holding it. They received my DV, never responded, but verified with the CRA. So, I talked to them, and they say they contracted with--- Midpoint! Of all people.

I gave her the rundown of how they operate (the lies- fake addresses, fake lawsuits, etc.) and let them know without a doubt I would not be sending money to MRG. Not a dime. I'd send it to them though. She kept saying sorry, they have a contract, etc., can't accept my payment, have to go through the CA.

So, what do I do? Try again, via letter, thanking them for being such nice folks (Platinum, that is) and talking to me, and will pay the balance for a delete off my report? After all, they are on violations (which I mentioned in the phone call), and they have scumbags representing them.

Thanks,

Renai

The ongoing saga of HSBC:

So, the other day, I made a few phone calls to track down exactly where this debt is. Platinum Capital Investments, who I DV'd back in April is holding it. They received my DV, never responded, but verified with the CRA. So, I talked to them, and they say they contracted with--- Midpoint! Of all people.

I gave her the rundown of how they operate (the lies- fake addresses, fake lawsuits, etc.) and let them know without a doubt I would not be sending money to MRG. Not a dime. I'd send it to them though. She kept saying sorry, they have a contract, etc., can't accept my payment, have to go through the CA.

So, what do I do? Try again, via letter, thanking them for being such nice folks (Platinum, that is) and talking to me, and will pay the balance for a delete off my report? After all, they are on violations (which I mentioned in the phone call), and they have scumbags representing them.

Thanks,

Renai

Is the debt within SOL and is the CA contacting you?

Is the debt within SOL and is the CA contacting you?

The short story is, yes it's well within SOL (DOFD 5/06). Midpoint contacted me back in April (the detail of those contacts is in this nutcase post: http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?p=767061#post767061), I found out on my credit report that Platinum had already placed a TL on 3/19. Both were DV'd, I have yet to receive a response from either. Midpoint (aka MRG aka Federal Credit Recovery) has not contacted me since the DV, other than 3-4 phone calls every day in the month of May with a phone number to a framing company in my caller ID.

Hope this info helps,

Renai

The short story is, yes it's well within SOL (DOFD 5/06). Midpoint contacted me back in April (the detail of those contacts is in this nutcase post: http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?p=767061#post767061), I found out on my credit report that Platinum had already placed a TL on 3/19. Both were DV'd, I have yet to receive a response from either. Midpoint (aka MRG aka Federal Credit Recovery) has not contacted me since the DV, other than 3-4 phone calls every day in the month of May with a phone number to a framing company in my caller ID.

Hope this info helps,

Renai

IMO, if I could pay IN FULL I would send a settlement offer for PFD, however, they wouldn't get a single dime without the consent, UNLESS I were sued, where I would pay before trial to avoid a judgment (or get a lawyer). If it's within the SOL and they are all over you, you've done what you can DV wise.

IMO, if I could pay IN FULL I would send a settlement offer for PFD, however, they wouldn't get a single dime without the consent, UNLESS I were sued, where I would pay before trial to avoid a judgment (or get a lawyer). If it's within the SOL and they are all over you, you've done what you can DV wise.

Sounds good to me. It's pretty much what I was planning to do. It's only $715 and I'll have it in August (July I'm paying a med bill). I figure, send the letter with the offer to Platinum (not MRG), by the time they answer, I'll have the payment :roll: . I doubt they are suing- that talk was all a ploy (I looked it up on nmcourts.org).

Thanks for the confirmation.

Renai