damn Chase, bastards......help

Ok. I disputed with Chase NA two weeks ago for 2 accounts. straight OC dispute, sent them letter and today, got in mail their response.

1st account: $2200 (still in solc- till 6/2008) charged off; CA has account

2nd account: $1600 (still in solc- till 6/2008) charged off: CA has account

They say debt is mine. For one account they sent copy of a check I made to them for cc payment. For second account, they sent me copy of my signature and copy of my dl and social that i sent in when I first opened account.

Should I settle? PFD? They made couple of reporting errors on credit report... things that I could get them for violation under FCRA but I feel if i file suit, they will counter sue-- and they have evidence showing that this is my account. Appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice.. ideas...

You opened the can of worms by disputing one in SOL. If you owe it, figure out how to pay it to OC not to CA. Someone with more experience with Chase might be able to tell you the % of chance they will file suit.

If you file suit against them for violations, my understanding is they cannot counter sue at that point on the debt, they would file seperately.

Chase keeps meticulous records. I have a listing from them that was sold to a JDB years ago. I have tried twice to have the Chase listing deleted and both times the verified it while also mailing me a copy of a cancelled check with the account number written on it.

Writing the account number in the note section of the check seemed like a good idea at the time but it gave them permanent verification in my own hand writing with my signature. Why they sold it off so quickly instead of filing suit still baffles me, but I'm not complaining. It will be out of SOL in a few more months. I figure if they can supply me with account info they can also get it for a JDB.