defpro

Have a process server hounding me...

Help! Been workin on improving my credit and its working, minus Wells Fargo and their mistakes, but now have a process server hounding me. Do I accept the papers or hide out? So far I haven't beenhome twice that he'd been at my home. He isn't listed on my county's offical process servers either. Hum?

Let him serve you and get things rolling so you can solve the issue. It is not uncommon to have private processors. I did not notice a state but if they can't serve you regularly in many states, they use alternate methods. You end up running the risk of a default. So, go ahead.

OKay. Seems the advise is to accept the papers, the problems is I'm not sure what is for? A dentist I've been making paymetns on...or a collection from an crashed auto loan that wasn't all paid off (they didn't get all of therir intrest). Ugh, either way this sucks.

If you can't be served, some states allow for a mailing using first class mail. Just get the papers, unfortunately, you're going to have to deal with it. Make sure you come back and give some details so some of the knowledgable people can give you something to look forward to.

:goodluck:

Well I called the process server, a plesent fellow whom I invited in to talk, which he rightfully decided not to and it was a dentist.

A dentist out of $1100 we still owe 354; I intended to have paid off it if weren't for Wells Fargo bugging out on our auto loan these past two months. BTW, I'm in Michigan and thanks all who responded, as with the guy who took off with our money on our land contract, all our stuff being stolen when we were evicted, then having a "new" collection from a van crash and the unpaid intest loan-I'm trying my best to keep it together. It aint easy.