Experian disputes, letter received

Texan

I recently sent a letter to Ex (not CMRRR) disputing some enquiries on my CR.

Today I get a letter from them saying:-

"We received a recent request regarding your credit information that does not appear to have been sent directly to us by you. As a precautionary measure, we have not taken any action on your alleged request".

So my question is, is this some kind of stall tactic or what. Anyone had this sort of thing before?

Your thoughts are very much appreciated.

I NEVER include DL & SS on anything.

i was just asking because if he did then it would be even more bizzare that they did not believe it was him, i can understand where you are coming from, but i personally do send mine so i can avoid recieving letters like the OP, i'm sure most of the time it isnt an issue though

Thanks for the replies guys.

No I didn't send any ID because I had previously disputed 12 negatives on my CR and 8 of those were deleted. Those were deleted without any form of ID whatsoever, just a letter disputing the negatives.

Dear EX.....

How clever of you to fail to honor the law under the guise of...."we don't believe this was you!" I don't believe that was an option under federal law! Besides, I don't know of any other human being who is so bored that they simply want to fix the errors on my credit report! If I could find such a person I would LOVE for them to deal with idiotic letters from YOU so that I can get back to my normal life!

That being said, you received my disputes, you mailed a letter to ME at MY address and I received it, so I guess you really believed it was me after all. Since it IS ME who submitted the dispute, you have 30 days from the ORIGINAL date to complete your investigation or delete the offending data.

Nice try. Didn't work. Now get to work and do the job you are being paid to do.

Regards,

Another informed consumer! 8-)

Dear EX.....

How clever of you to fail to honor the law under the guise of...."we don't believe this was you!" I don't believe that was an option under federal law! Besides, I don't know of any other human being who is so bored that they simply want to fix the errors on my credit report! If I could find such a person I would LOVE for them to deal with idiotic letters from YOU so that I can get back to my normal life!

That being said, you received my disputes, you mailed a letter to ME at MY address and I received it, so I guess you really believed it was me after all. Since it IS ME who submitted the dispute, you have 30 days from the ORIGINAL date to complete your investigation or delete the offending data.

Nice try. Didn't work. Now get to work and do the job you are being paid to do.

Regards,

Another informed consumer! 8-)

Love it, looks like a definite stall tactic. Looks like a nice reply, I'd send the follow up Certified Mail though to get the message across.

Ok Guys update on this one.

As you know Ex is mucking me about with letter saying I wasn't who I said I was etc etc. I haven't contacted EX yet with a reply to their letter.

Anyway today I pulled Truecredit and still showing the 9 inquiries I disputed. I decided to check myfico also and hey presto there is only 3 on there. So 6 have disappeared.

Now the question is should I believe Truecredit or MyFico?

This is a stall tactic that EX will use time after time, accusing you of credit repair. I would submit the following to them:

To: Credit Bureau (Experian, Equifax or TransUnion)

RE: Credit Repair Accusation

Your Full Name:

To Whom It May Concern:

Please be advised that I have received your computer generated letter stating that you have ceased investigation of my credit reports because, in your opinion, you believe that I have used a third party credit repair agency. Not only do I believe this to be a stall tactic on your part to grant you an additional 30 days to comply with my original request, but I believe it to be a blatant violation of the FCRA.

You were advised by me on (insert date) by certified mail (copy enclosed) that I questioned the accuracy of a few items on my credit reports. That request was written by me and mailed by me- not a third party agency. It appears obvious to me that you are abusing your power under the FCRA to escape a complete investigation.

Additionally there is NO law that states a consumer cannot use a third party, so using that as your excuse is a moot point. Matter of fact, congress has found the whole process so overwhelming that they afford consumers the right to use a third party on their behalf if the consumer so chooses. This is why your statement is so outrageous.

I reserve the right to sue a credit bureau for violations of the FCRA and I believe I can prove that you did not use reasonable measures to insure the accuracy of my credit reports and now you are stalling the process further.

I realize disputes may be expensive and therefore it is your job to stall them, but you do so at great risk. Please take notice that this letter dated (insert today's date) is formal notice to you that I am requesting that you continue forward with my original investigation request and send the results to me within 15 days. I therefore legally and lawfully refuse your "form letter" thus giving you only 15 days not 30 more.

I am outraged at your accusation and I have fully researched my rights in regards to my credit file. I look forward to your expediting my original request immediately.

Best Regards,

Your Name

Your SSN

Good luck.

Texan: I am in agreement with aspidermonkey. They don't think you are supposed to know anything about how heavily the inaccuracies weigh in reporting to your CR.

I got the same letter. It is a stall tactic. They surely have identified the right person if they sent you the letter. My arguement is I disputed on line with my myFICO account. You can only dispute online with EX. So, the same information I identified myself with in order for myFICO to pull my EX report is the same identifiable information that I used to get EX to pull the same report that they used at myFICO.

They may be devilish, but they don't use common sense.

Diehard

Almost every dispute I send to EX comes back, they claim I did not prove

my ID..

I sent them copies of my Drivers LIcense, PassPort, Utility Bills,

etc. and they still sent me that stall letter.

I hope you sue them. They are a-holes!

:-)