bigdaddyroy

2007 Football Thread

Well.. it's about time to unstick this thread.. BUT....

I will sticky it again as soon as there is something worth stickyin!

Until next year folks... keep this one up on your own!

:)++

As predicted BIGDADDYROY aka the Monsters of the Midway have won the CIC Bowl in Fantasy Football. We knock out the no.1 team in the CIC league to bring home the trophy.

:BigDance:::allhail:::woot::clapper::nannersplit::DiscParty:

As predicted BIGDADDYROY aka the Monsters of the Midway have won the CIC Bowl in Fantasy Football. We knock out the no.1 team in the CIC league to bring home the trophy.

:woot::woot::woot:

I gotta try this next year! :)

Congrats to you!!!

I still did not like the scoring senario and the no TE thing...what's up with that?

Lyle, I agree. I dont know who set this league up, but the scoring was BAD. And we should have TE's in our lineups. I have never played in a league with no TE's.

Anyway its over, next year it will be much better.

I am confused here. If I scored 41.1 points and you scored 39.6, how does that make you the winner? What am I missing here?

CICFootball.jpg

I guess you haven't seen the Globe today.....

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/larger_view/ or the

Herald

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1063553

or take a peek in the Modell Stores.....

regardless of how the game was played, when the clock runs out and the fat lady sings, it was the Pat's taking the win! All 16 of them! 16-0, first in 35 years, how much closer to perfect can you get?

I guess the rest of us New Englanders agree it was, the "perfect" season

Redskins 27, Dallas 6. Any game Dallas loses is a great game. Even better when my 'skins stomp all over them.

Take the charity while you can. It will be a short playoff season for the skins.

Take the charity while you can. It will be a short playoff season for the skins.

Nah, they're going all the way. I have faith in them. Gibbs has a stategy. Lulled all the other teams into a false sense of security for a few years, then come out kicking @ss.

Next year, someone remind me if Orlando hosts TWO bowl games in the same weekend. Because this past weekend has totally SUCKED. Not only the regular holiday crazy tourists are here (I mean really, what are people thinking when they come here at christmas-that they are the only ones?), but everyone and everything associated with 4 college teams as well. And since one of those teams is the Gators-everyone and their bubba has driven down to be 'in the zone'.

I'm hiding out until next week.

Scott, it was base on the settings you or whoever use to set the league up with. The proof is spell out below. Notice whose team name is under the CIC trophies!

roychamp.jpg

How many people suddenly became Patriot fans when the team went undefeated? I was in Miami the day after the the Marlins won the world series, and there were people who probably didn't even know they had a basball team who were instant fans.

Scott, it was base on the settings you or whoever use to set the league up with. The proof is spell out below. Notice whose team name is under the CIC trophies!

I didn't set it up, BUT I know / WE know what the final score was:wink:

Not sure what kind of setting there would be to make the loser of the game the champion, unfortunately Fox Sports error reporting is conveniently not working.

Nah, they're going all the way. I have faith in them. Gibbs has a stategy. Lulled all the other teams into a false sense of security for a few years, then come out kicking @ss.

I'd like to hear from Seahawk fans on this, they probably have a different opinion. :shock:

Redskins 27, Dallas 6. Any game Dallas loses is a great game. Even better when my 'skins stomp all over them.

No Treky, but couldn't agree more. Nothing more fun than seeing Dallas lose. Especially to my Skins.

A friend put it this way years ago when it may have been more applicable:

"If the Russians were playing Dallas for domination of the world.....well really sorry, but I'd have to root for the Russians."