Take on LVNV or EQ?

CleverCynic

Hey guys, quick question on attacking some genuine incorrect information reported to EQ by LVNV.

My goal is a complete delete of course, and the background can be found in this thread:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270642

Basically I need to know if I should send the proof of the different reporting amounts and incorrect 120 day late status to EQ in writing, or should I go directly to the CA and cite violations? They have verified both dupe entries and the incorrect amount twice. I have not asked for MOV from EQ either. I've also never DV'd LVNV.

Also, is LVNV violating FDCPA or FCRA? Is this the "poisoning" thing?

Thanks for any help. THis will be my first written assault to one of these guys.

These are way beyond SOL and due to fall off in Feb 08.

LVNV is easier to take on than EQ. What is EQ doing that you can dispute? If LVNV is reporting to EQ and EQ is reporting what LVNV is giving them, you have no case against EQ.

SWA - They were doing something similar to me that was also nearly 7 years old. I got them deleted and my score barely moved (FAKO). Not sure what it did to FICO. I was hoping for a big jump but it didn't happen. I now have three CA's left to deal with. One is due to drop off this year and the other is reporting a new double account as of April. I know this one has to be hurting me badly.

I wasn't thinking of the EQ route as "taking them on". Rather, I was thinking that putting a human set of eyes on it would get them to delete it out of common sense. Any letter to EQ would not be threatening, though pointed.

My fear in taking on LVNV is that they would just update and correct the information which would only be a mild improvement. Since EQ can't "correct" the details, they would have to delete it. That's my thinking.

I wasn't thinking of the EQ route as "taking them on". Rather, I was thinking that putting a human set of eyes on it would get them to delete it out of common sense. Any letter to EQ would not be threatening, though pointed.

My fear in taking on LVNV is that they would just update and correct the information which would only be a mild improvement. Since EQ can't "correct" the details, they would have to delete it. That's my thinking.

EQ, in most cases, will not do anything other than challenging the Data Furnisher for the accuracy of the account. It's unlikely that they will delete it without checking with the DF. IF LVNV is reporting the account as an installment account it's likely that they will continue to update it once a month or every other month and poof.. it's back. You best route is still with LVNV. They are already in violation and you need to get them to rack up more violations. DV them, they likely have no records, make an "honest" effort in getting proper validation from them. Give them enough rope to hang themselves with and they will.