asking for credit limit when applying?

Guest chi.soul

Guest chi.soul

I currently have 3 cards showing on my credit report. 1 from a department store with a $2500 limit, a $500 secured credit card, & a capital 1 card showing a $3400 balance and no limit of course as it's capital one. I constantly get 0% apr offers in the mail from bank of america, household bank, washington mutual & citi mastercard. I have read in the forums where people state they "asked for 10,000 & got approved for 6,000" etc.

I wanted to know if i ask for a certain amount when applying or do they just give me a amount im approved for. I am also curious to know if you guys have a preference when it comes to applying for cards lately. I read many say stay away from capital 1 but any advice offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

ex: 669 eq:645 tr:651 according to mycreditkeeper.com

Circuit City gave me a nice limit $5000...

pulls EQ.

It best to apply for credit where they have a propensity to pull EQ CR's...

then the inq can be removed the day after you apply :-D

check it here...

Which Co. pulls what CRA - Click Here

Walmart and Target both pull EQ and have relaxed standards .. but the CL's are very low. for me $500 and $300.

:-)