Handwritten or Typed Does it make a Difference

Gr84kids

I sent letters to all 3 "big ones". I typed it all up had everything organized and ready to go. It was easier to type it once then just go and change the TransUnion, Equifax, Experian part instead of writing the same thing 3 times. I would have gotten writers cramp!!!!

But to my surprise I received a letter back from all 3 stating:

"we received a dispute reguarding your credit report from a credit repair agency. Our experience shows that credit repair agencies routinely and knowing dispute accurate information. For this reason, we will not take action on the dispute submitted from the credit repair company."

"Please note that we do not accept disputes from third parties unless accompanied by a notarized power of attorney that authorizes a licensed attorney or family member to represent you or if the power of attorney is linited and irrevocable."

" If you would like to be referred to the appropriate law enforcement agencies to file a complaint, let us know and we will provide a referral."

What the h*** is this crap???????

I spent all this time typing and now this. Anyone else come across this bs?

I dont have time to write all the stuff by hand....LOL

That or they are just trying a stall tactic, they are popular for those too. I just got a bs letter back asking for my full list of creditors and discharge letter because I disputed some accounts in Bankruptcy. News flash, everything was ALREADY in the packet I sent them. So I'll have to send another thank you for sending me this stall tactic letter since all the information you've requested is already in your possession. Have a nice day. 8-)

I have had my best results with hand written letters on lined yellow paper written in green ink. They can't scan these kind of letters into the computer and have to enter them manually. More often then not, you get a lazy CSR who would rather hit the delete button then do the work and enter the data. YMMV

I type all of mine, and I never sign them. You should also put something to this affect in your letters:

In any letter you send to the CRAs, you should include a line that says " This is my personal, good-faith request for relief under the FCRA" so they don't think it is a phony letter from a debt-help company like Lexington, or consider it frivilous.