Judgement Not Showing Up On Credit Report...

I had received a certified letter in the mail at my place of employment stating that I was being sued. Not thinking they were real I didn't act (stupid move) and a few months later I received a letter in the mail from the "plaintiff"stating judgement had been received on said date for said amount. I have a couple questions:

1. The plaintiff's claim that judgement was entered against me back in May 2007...Is there a timeframe on when that judgement should show up on my credit report? As of yet I see nothing about any judgement or even any credit inquiries in the past 12 months for that matter.

2. Was I suppose to get a letter in the mail from the courts stating that a judgement had been entered against me?

I guess I am trying to dilude myself a little longer before reality sets in. Sorry if this question was answered in other posts. Thanks in advance.

"...is there a timeframe when that judgement should show up..."

Whenever it is found. Many Public Records never get reported.

"...Was I suppose to get a letter..."

That would depend on your state's laws and Rules of Civil Procedure. Many states require only that you be served prior to the court date.

Is there a timeframe on when that judgement should show up on my credit report?

Nope, they can show up at any time. Occasionally you may be lucky and not have it show up at all or might get missed by one of the CRAs. Took about 4 months for mine to show up.

Was I suppose to get a letter in the mail from the courts stating that a judgement had been entered against me?

In the letter you received, one of the statements usually found is one saying "If you fail to appear a default judgment may/will be entered against you" This is kind of their notice to you to better show up.

It doesn't end there, depending on who filed the suit, they can follow up with a garnishment now that the judgment has been entered. This usually starts a few months after the judgment was entered. If you had acted before the court date, you may have been able to settle with the attorney. I say "may" because I tried to settle with an attorney on a judgment and they pretty much just laughed at me. They didn't laugh when I was able to stop the garnishment though. xangelx