hiblues

Dispute- hand written-lined yellow paper written in green ink- For real or folk-lore

Too bad it's so expensive. I would get this if I had the money.

I figure it's only about 10$ for 20 sheets 50 cents a sheet is roughly $1 per DV or dispute letter for me, seems pretty reasonable

*update*

nevermind shipping was more than i thought

I must not be looking at the one you're looking at, then. On the second site, it says for a custom message (anything other than VOID or COPY), a minimum order is 20,000 sheets.

It's entirely possible I'm reading this wrong, though. This is the page I'm looking at:

http://www.chicagowatermark.com/Double_Secur_Prices.html

I must not be looking at the one you're looking at, then. On the second site, it says for a custom message (anything other than VOID or COPY), a minimum order is 20,000 sheets.

It's entirely possible I'm reading this wrong, though. This is the page I'm looking at:

http://www.chicagowatermark.com/Double_Secur_Prices.html

oh i was just talking about the first site getting the regular copy-proof paper

oh i was just talking about the first site getting the regular copy-proof paper

I tried to make an order of 20 pages of security paper and 1 copy proof pen and when I click "Finalize my Order" I get an error page. Tried it in two different broswers. Anyone else tried to make an order? I found a store locally that carrys the paper. I don't think you need the pen if you have the paper. I think I will use this paper for all disputes and and DV's.

I tried to make an order of 20 pages of security paper and 1 copy proof pen and when I click "Finalize my Order" I get an error page. Tried it in two different broswers. Anyone else tried to make an order? I found a store locally that carrys the paper. I don't think you need the pen if you have the paper. I think I will use this paper for all disputes and and DV's.

i had not ordered yet where did you find it locally?

i'm not getting the pen either, it's yellow ink (probably dark though), i just want the paper, i just plan to print on it so my letter seems completely normal but cant be copied

from now on all my DVs are going to be notarized on copy proof paper and sent CMRRR

i had not ordered yet where did you find it locally?

i'm not getting the pen either, it's yellow ink (probably dark though), i just want the paper, i just plan to print on it so my letter seems completely normal but cant be copied

from now on all my DVs are going to be notarized on copy proof paper and sent CMRRR

I called Kinkos to ask if they had it, they did not, but referred me to http://www.frankparsons.com/ which has a store locally. If you call kinkos or Office depot or somthing like that, i'm sure someone can tell you where to find it. It's 30 bucks for 500 sheets, but I plan on using this with all my disputes and DV's. Who knows what the CA's do with your disputes. If they got smart, they would start achieving everything in data files so they don't have to keep those long papertrails.

I'm going to toss in a new twist to this idea... I think we need to play on the agents greed.. I know tipping the pizza guy 4-5 bucks every time gets me a pizza in 20 minutes or less regardless of how busy they are (I sware sometimes I get someone elses pizza and they have to wait. Got one in 6 minutes flat one night).. What if we include a little "thanks for doing a great job ;) " note with 5 bucks and our green and red disputes.

I'm going to toss in a new twist to this idea... I think we need to play on the agents greed.. I know tipping the pizza guy 4-5 bucks every time gets me a pizza in 20 minutes or less regardless of how busy they are (I sware sometimes I get someone elses pizza and they have to wait. Got one in 6 minutes flat one night).. What if we include a little "thanks for doing a great job ;) " note with 5 bucks and our green and red disputes.

hmm... i think money might be overdoing it, but maybe just a $5 gift card, or some movie bucks could somehow find it's way into the envelope, lol jk

Most large companies don't actually give the envelopes unopened to their agents to handle. Generally they are opened by a machine, scanned in bulk, and then the scan is given to an agent. I could understand the logic behind the handwritten letters on yellow or green paper, because if the scan doesn't show up properly, then the actual letter would have to be given to an agent to be handled, but my guess is that any "bonuses" that might be included would just end up in the hands of some Joe Nobody mail room guy.

I could understand the logic behind the handwritten letters on yellow or green paper, because if the scan doesn't show up properly, then the actual letter would have to be given to an agent to be handled, ...

Don't be so sure. They may just assume they scanned a blank page and do nothing. This is the CRAs we're talking about.

Also, keep in mind that using copy-proof methods means you can't keep a copy yourself as proof of what you sent. You'd have to print another original. If it came to court, they could argue you never sent it because you have the original in hand (can't make copies for court either...and they usually require 3 copies attached as exhibits).

Methuss has a point. However, I don't plan on suing the CRA. And I will be using the paper/pen method in a hopes of getting them to re-investigate things they have been refusing to investigate for 6-12 months now.

I'm not saying that I necessarily believe the handwriting method, I'm just saying I can see the logic in it.

I worked for a large insurance company that handled all their incoming mail by scanning everything and converting it to an image, then viewed by the agent on their computer screen. Blank images weren't noticed in the mail room, they were noticed by the agents. The original document would then have to be requested from the mail room (traceable by a computer ID number attached to both the original and the digital document.) That usually took a day, sometimes two.

By that time, the agent had already spent more than their allowed time tracking down the stupid thing, and didn't want to waste any more on it. (The insurance company I worked for had a quota of 80 items per day. For an eight hour day, that breaks down to 6 minutes per item.) Quite often, the agent would then settle the issue as quickly as they could, whether that meant a questionable payout, a semi-questionable payout, a complete denial of something that should legally have been approved, whatever was fastest for the agent to get the issue off their list. This is why I can understand the logic of the handwriting method. I would imagine many large companies handle their incoming correspondence in a similar fashion.

I don't see the logic in sending "bonuses" because I don't think they would reach their intended target. I think most or all of them would wind up in the garbage, or in the hands of a mail room employee.

Well, I picked up the copy proof paper that prints "VOID" all over it when you attempt to copy or scan it. Later, I'm going to put a sample dispute on it then I'm going to try and scan it and use an OCR program on it to see if I can import the image into a readable word doc. I don't plan on suing the CRA's either, however, on the DV's I've done in the past, I have always printed duplicates, never scans. I never sign the copies that I keep or send to the CA. I'm not sure how this would pan out in court.

Well, I picked up the copy proof paper that prints "VOID" all over it when you attempt to copy or scan it. Later, I'm going to put a sample dispute on it then I'm going to try and scan it and use an OCR program on it to see if I can import the image into a readable word doc. I don't plan on suing the CRA's either, however, on the DV's I've done in the past, I have always printed duplicates, never scans. I never sign the copies that I keep or send to the CA. I'm not sure how this would pan out in court.

cant you just print out the letter then make the copies you need, but use the void paper for the copies you are sending them

cant you just print out the letter then make the copies you need, but use the void paper for the copies you are sending them

hahaha, i failed to finish my thoughts. i am trying to figure out how likely it is that this method will work with the CRA's. If i can successfully scan a document printed on this paper and ocr it to a word file, then I'll need to up the anty. So far, I haven't tried to OCR it yet, b/c after scanning the VOID document, it's quite clear to me that it would still be able to be processed at the CRA's. I think the best bet is to still go with the yellow with green/red.

I think the disutes that work or have merit work, and the ones that don't, don't.

Just because a scanner can employ OCR to recognize characters and alter the media the words are written on. It can't READ and UNDERSTAND unless it was a standardized form short of a scantron.

It won't know which words constitue a dispute or the nuances of the nature of the dispute or even necessarily corelate it with some account number on the page that correlates with something on the report. There is NO artifical intelligence worth relying on!

If you send felt tip green on big multifolded yellow paper, you're just going to have a potential advocate rolling their eyes and trying to get it over with as soon as possible in a way that does not reward the aggravation.

For the NAYSAYERS out there. Believe what you want. This process worked for me. I got CAP 1 off my Credit Report using this dispute method

I have stayed away from trying to dispute Crap 1 so far. I don't want to blow my possible one shot on them, but heck, this might be my time to try my luck. Like I said before, I don't think the VOID paper will work. It doesn't seem to disrupt the legibility of the document enough. I will stick with what people have claimed to work, yellow pad red/green pen.

Also, keep in mind that using copy-proof methods means you can't keep a copy yourself as proof of what you sent. You'd have to print another original. If it came to court, they could argue you never sent it because you have the original in hand (can't make copies for court either...and they usually require 3 copies attached as exhibits).

So you print an original on normal paper. Then load a photocopier with copy-proof paper and make a couple more copies. You keep the original, they get the any copies.

Anyway, copy machines and laser printers use pretty much the same type of toner. Without a signature, what's the difference?

I did this with a dispute to EQ. My dispute was a Midland account reporting as open 120 days factoring company. I disputed these items and it came back verified as if I had disputed as not mine. I wrote in a real light hand and I guessing since they couldn't read it - they chose whatever code was easiest/fastest for them to use.

• Like 1
I have stayed away from trying to dispute Crap 1 so far. I don't want to blow my possible one shot on them, but heck, this might be my time to try my luck. Like I said before, I don't think the VOID paper will work. It doesn't seem to disrupt the legibility of the document enough. I will stick with what people have claimed to work, yellow pad red/green pen.

waht if you use the security paper but still hand write it? im assuming the yellow paper tactic is going to start be used a lot by ppl so teh CRA's will soon find a way around it. Again this is just my opinion and I'm just trying to look at it from the CRA's point of view. Why wouldnt they find a way around the y-p method if its starting to come in hard and heavy now? But anyway, what about using the security paper but still using the g-i with it? that way it looks almost like a standard dispute, so the rep getting it can smile with glee...until they try and process it as a normal one. I used to be a claims rep and we too had a specified amount of time to get a dispute, scan it, and work on it. And we too got crazy methods to disrupt the process so after a while the company sent out a memo stating if we got something that was hand written on crazy paper (I once got a dispute on a paper towel before. lol) to do anything except delete, or pay it. ANYTHING ELSE WOULD DO. So if i was a rep at the CRA, as soon as i saw y-p i would do the same, ANYTHING EXCEPT delete it, which they already know that is what ppl want anyway.

My thinking is using security paper, it wouldnt be so obvious taht im following some internet rumour. thoughts? opinions?

• Like 1