DV Collection Agency

ribbit1072

I dv'd Diversified Credit and they never responded which was okay because I didn't DV within the original 30 days...but I received the green card back signed on 7/2/07 and they still haven't marked my CR entry as "disputed". I'm wondering what I can do now?:confused:

I dv'd Diversified Credit and they never responded which was okay because I didn't DV within the original 30 days...but I received the green card back signed on 7/2/07 and they still haven't marked my CR entry as "disputed". I'm wondering what I can do now?:confused:

They are violating. You should dispute with the CRA's and see if it deletes or gets updated, if not, another violation.

Hold on....

it was only 7-2-07 that they received it.

I'm sure any judge would give the company a "reasonable time" to

report the new information... based on what the norm is.

new charges on my credit card take up to 45 days, so I would venture to guess that the CA has some time before reporting the updated info.

ALSO,

in the Primer it says you want to get them on several violations, ( not just a single weak one) one weak violation like this will probably get you nothing ... UNLESS they never update the information or take months to do it.

:-)

Hold on....

it was only 7-2-07 that they received it.

I'm sure any judge would give the company a "reasonable time" to

report the new information... based on what the norm is.

new charges on my credit card take up to 45 days, so I would venture to guess that the CA has some time before reporting the updated info.

ALSO,

in the Primer it says you want to get them on several violations, ( not just a single weak one) one weak violation like this will probably get you nothing ... UNLESS they never update the information or take months to do it.

:-)

FCRA requires that the TL be marked as disputed by the consumer within 5 days of receipt of the dispute.

The section of the FCRA that requires this is not subject to a private right of action. That is why disputing with the CRA is so important. Once you dispute, they are required to ensure accurate reporting under 1681s-2(B). That section DOES have a PRA.