something i am unsure of with reaging

mrbeerbaitnammo

first off hello to everyone i have been lurking around here for a few weeks now and i really like this site, figure its time i say hi and ask a few questions on stuff i am not quite clear on so here it goes...

the below account from arrow is this considered reaging and if so what do i have to do to "get em"

on one bureau says account was opened 1/1/2001 and then on the other 2 it says account was opened in 10/1/2006 and 10/9 2006. if you need any more info please let me know.

ARROW FINANCIAL SERV

EXPERIAN

EQUIFAX

TRANSUNION

Account Name: ARROW FINANCIAL SERV

Account Number: AFS ASSIG-3605XXXX

Acct Type: Open Account

Acct Status: Open

Monthly Payment:

Date Open: 1/1/0001

Balance: $5,692.00

Terms:

High Balance: $3,782.00

Limit:

Past Due: $5,692.00

Payment Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due

Comments: COLLECTION ACCOUNT

24-Month Payment History ? Legend

Date: May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr

05 05 05 05 05 05 05 05 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 07 07 07 07

ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND

Experian:

Equifax:

TransUnion:

^Top of Page^

ARROW FINANCIAL SERVIC

EXPERIAN

EQUIFAX

TRANSUNION

Account Name: ARROW FINANCIAL SERVIC

Account Number: 3605XXXX

Acct Type: Collection Department / Agency / Attorney

Acct Status: Closed

Monthly Payment:

Date Open: 10/1/2006

Terms: 1 Month

High Balance:

Limit:

Past Due: $5,692.00

Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

Comments:

Date: Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May

05 05 05 05 05 05 05 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 06 07 07 07 07 07

KD KD KD KD KD

Experian:

Equifax:

TransUnion:

^Top of Page^

ARROW FINCL

EXPERIAN

EQUIFAX

TRANSUNION

Account Name: ARROW FINCL

Account Number: 3605XXXX

Acct Type: Collection Account

Acct Status: Open

Monthly Payment:

Date Open: 10/9/2006

Terms:

High Balance:

Limit:

Past Due:

Payment Status: Collection account

Comments: Placed for collection

Date: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Experian:

Equifax:

TransUnion:

The information (dates) are wrong. I have the same problem with that company right now with the same dates. I am dipsuting them for wrong information. Send them a DV and they will transfer it... That is fine because you can dispute it off with that.

What is the criteria for Re-Aging... what are we specifically looking for ??

You're looking to see when the CA or OC is reporting your DOFD (date of first delinquency) is. The DOFD cannot change unless you made payments that brought the account out of delinquency before CO. If the date they are reporting as the DOFD is anything other than what the OC has, then they are re-aging.

You're looking to see when the CA or OC is reporting your DOFD (date of first delinquency) is. The DOFD cannot change unless you made payments that brought the account out of delinquency before CO. If the date they are reporting as the DOFD is anything other than what the OC has, then they are re-aging.

So I need to call The OC or write the OC and get the DOFD if they have it.

So I need to call The OC or write the OC and get the DOFD if they have it.

You can try writing to the CRA's and asking for the DOFD or the estimated time they will be deleting. With this you can get a good estimate. If it's on your TU report, you can also go into TC and start the dispute process. Once it gets to the dispute form, most of the accounts will have "estimated date this will be deleted" BUT dont complete the online dispute, unless you really plan on doing a dispute this way. If you have a Equifax report, they will report the "date of 1st major delinquency" and if that field is not filed in, then look at the DOLA which is what the CRA is probably going off.

What itf there is no DOFD listed, could this be disputed ??

Actually, no. The CA must provide it to the CRA but they don't have to show it to you...weird right? Which makes it even more difficult for consumers. Ok, I will get off my soap box now lol.

Anyway, it looks like you have a tri-merge report. I pull mine directly from EQ (Credit Watch Gold) and they are the only ones that show the DOFD (spelled out). You can also get a hard copy of your report(s) from TU/EX, and it should show something like "this item to be removed on XX date"...and you can 'kind of' ascertain the DOFD by counting back from that date.

What itf there is no DOFD listed, could this be disputed ??.

You could dispute it as "obselete" and request the DOFD. If they verify the account as accurate, I would think they would have to provide the DOFD. I haven't tried this, but I do have one account that I question the DOFD on and just might do it.