Quick question regarding inaccuracy of credit report

On my TU report I have a mortgage account (closed/paid in '04) that shows it was 30 days late 7 times. Unfortunately, it probably was. The account was opened in 11/'01. At the bottom of the listing, where it shows the 30's (late notations) they are all listed prior to 11/'01 when the account was opened. DO i have any recourse here? This is obviously not accurate. In the past I did dispute the actual lates, but of course they were verified. It is only after studying my report that I noticed where they have these late payments placed. Any suggestions?

Yes, back in '05 when I was trying to get into my current mortgage I disputed the crap outta it! I didn't want those lates! But, like I said, I never realized where those lates were placed. I'm not sure if this could just be a credit bureau mistake or what. I haven't disputed anything with this TL this time around. Not yet.

Nascar3,

This wouldn't be Chase Manhattan would it? If so, let me know because I had a contact there.....

Chase had me with numerous 30s, 2 60s and 1 90. Some of the 30s would be right, 1 60.....but they were all over the place and every time I disputed it, it would get worse....but on TU, they kept shifting to the left until all the lates were prior to my mortgage inception.

With Chase, they contracted with EX. They send TL info to EX who sends it to Innovis, they then send it to EQ and TU.

It took almost a year before I go ahold of this one Chase employee....who used to work for EX! Anyway, they did a manual review and would only list the lates that were accurately reflected on all 3.....

In the end, I ended up with a closed/paid/current mortgage status with only 1 late in Aug 04! Not perfect but MUCH better!

OK This is how I handled Chase.....

I copied multiple reports showing that it was different everytime they updated and the lates were never in the same month twice. As a result, I have verifiable proof that their reporting is inaccurate and their reporting mechanism is incorrect. I told them that I have a valid FCRA violation claim and that I wanted it deleted NOW!

Of course, they didn't delete, but I was satified with the outcome. You gain points by having a mortgage and I figured I gained more with the MTG being there than I lost with a 30 day late reported over 2 years ago.