DVing - anyone ever tried this

Master Debator

i know alot of times we DV a CA and end up getting an invoice or statement back from them showing what we owe or whatever, and it is on their own letterhead

there has been alot of discussion on whether or not this constitutes a proper DV, many say it does not, there is evidence backing both sides, people have said that is proof enough and it's hard to make a case againts this in court

so i thought... well hell

I'll just make up my own invoice on my own letterhead with a $0 balance

if they say it does not prove anything, then i guess neither does theirs

it was really just an entertaining thought, i was sitting here at work bored looking at their invoice and to humor myself just started making my own, lol

havent decided if i will actually send it yet but it would be worth it just to ruffle some feathers, and who knows might make them actually try to get the info from the OC like they should

might just say i recieved your invoice and it does not match mine (attached), are you sure you have checked with the OC

That's not as bad as the phony Affidavits of debt they're known to use.

BTW, CIC's policy on dishonesty is that they do not condone or support it.

Just a little FYI. Leave that for the lower companionship JDB's and less ethical CA's it always ends up biting them back and costing them a suit any way when the right educated consumer gets a hold of them.

Being a CA has to be a very tricky thing in this day and age. :roll:

That's not as bad as the phony Affidavits of debt they're known to use.

Just a little FYI. Leave that for the lower companionship JDB's and less ethical CA's it always ends up biting them back and costing them a suit any way when the right educated consumer gets a hold of them.

Being a CA has to be a very tricky thing in this day and age. :roll:

spoil sport ;) As to being a CA, there is maybe 2-400 people here.. I doubt it's is all that hard to be a CA. We might say FOAD when they call, but there are 1000's that pay up.

i guess i dont really see it as dishonesty because i dont actually owe what they say i do

i am not saying you should lie, create fake OC letterhead, or say it is from the OC in your letter...

i am just doing exactly what they are doing

typing what i say is owed in a way that looks like an invoice on my own letterhead (they can assume whatever they like) i will however use whatever creative wording i can to insinuate it is from the OC, without ever actually saying it

for example:

Thanks you for your quick response, i recieved an invoice from your offices regarding account #xxx, i am confused as to how you obtained such erroneous information, are you sure you obtained this from the OC?? (insinuates i have) for your convinience i have included a copy of what records i have on this account (insinutates they are records from the OC)

spoil sport ;)As to being a CA, there is maybe 2-400 people here.. I doubt it's is all that hard to be a CA. We might say FOAD when they call, but there are 1000's that pay up.

You might of missed my point, I think it is in fact hard, a crap shoot at best of when you will be sued for cash on your $20.00 debt. :rolleyes:

Not that it takes skill or anything.

See what I'm saying?